OCR01237 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Electrion (Guitar Mix)"

djpretzel

I like the groove here and the sounds are all interesting. The guitar is kind of clipped and lo-fi, but it's done in a way that's non-obtrusive (at least on the speakers I have now) so I don't have any complaints about it.

My main issue here is the actual melody - this was a really complex and developed tune from the soundtrack that had a lot of cool subtleties. Here, there are remnants of the original (played by a vibraphone that's a little synthetic for me) to make it recognizable, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of substance in general. I guess I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if you couldn't do this with literally any tune from the soundtrack with relatively the same results.

In the end it's a interesting and very listenable mix; but that doesn't substitute for the fact that the arrangement itself is pretty underwhelming.

I was a big fan of the original version of this mix course, but I didn't realize how much better it would get with some guitar added. Awesome! Also, congratulations to TO for having the first remix ever to come out of PRC and make it to OCR!

Not true... but alright...

Yay TO! Yay PRC! Yay OCR! YAY LETTERS!

I really do like this mix, it's very fluid and enjoyable. The guitar though, IMO, while amazing in sound quality and technique, is very loud. I would have mixed it differently.

But stil, not at all bad... that was a good PRC too, everyone should check the other entrances out. 8.5/10

I'm very fond of this mix.

The rythum(sp? :whatevaa: )the beat, the melody, and the timing. It all just hit me the right way. When I first heard the guitar I thought it was going to be too raspy for my likeing, but two seconds later I realized it was great.

At 1:21 (I guess what you might call the chorus) those guitars hit in the background though it sounds like there is alittle bit of a piano jingle going on. I think it would have sound even better if that was just a touch brighter.

In the end..is is excellent. Very well done work.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

For those of you who think the guitar was balanced wrong, or too loud. I actually have a second remastered version of this that I released on a soundtrack for a game earlier this month. If you really want to hear it (and some other guitar pieces that FIDGAF and I have come up with) you can download the soundtrack here:

http://www.ioncross.com/freelancer/servermod/music/twmusic001.zip

The Remastered version of this remix is music_bar_generic02.wav

Glad to hear you like it.

Pretty nice stuff, mellow.. I actually really enjoyed the phrenetic pace of the original Swivel theme (SD3 rulez) but this is quite a unique take on it. I have to agree with the judge analoq though, the guitar at 1:21 is a little jarringly loud but the rest is great.

SD3 is the best game ever to not have an official American release!!

My only complaints:

1. I could barely tell this was a remix of Swivel the first time I listened to it, and I've played SD3 start to finish once and listened to the SPCs many times. The song title made me think it would be an Electric Talk remix.

2. Waaaay too dark. Swivel was an almost excessively upbeat song.

Still, both of these have the upside of awesome freestyle. I especially like the guitar...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

For those of you who think the guitar was balanced wrong, or too loud. I actually have a second remastered version of this that I released on a soundtrack for a game earlier this month. If you really want to hear it (and some other guitar pieces that FIDGAF and I have come up with) you can download the soundtrack here:

http://www.ioncross.com/freelancer/servermod/music/twmusic001.zip

The Remastered version of this remix is music_bar_generic02.wav

Glad to hear you like it.

I was so confused at first. I listen to this remix and I say to myself, "Holy shit! This FIGDAF guy took a song from Orichalcons soundtrack!" Then I noticed the "TO"...

Oh well, I got to hear the song early at least. (DL the soundtrack if you haven't)

This is a rather chilly mix, all laid back and evil and spooky and stuff... I like it.

Since I've never heard the original, I can't comment on how true the mix is to it. As for the lead guitar loudness issue, I didn't notice much wrong with it. Maybe a little louder than the rest, but nothing to go deaf about. Then again, that may be just because I don't have my volume up on full blast (like most people seem to, these days... oh well).

Anyway, quite a mood-setter, very cool. Definitely worth the download.

very low riding and laid back at first, good for unwinding and just enjoying it...it harmonizes nicely and as many have said just a cool theme. Then the guitar picks up -- both very skilled and with that tint of emotion to it. I really love this remix and I hope to get into more of the SD3 OST after hearing it (I know SoM had a lot of good themes).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

To me most of this mix seems very 'light', like it was walking on eggshells.

Fairly hush-hush, somewhat tense, and very deliberate.

Except for the electric guitar parts naturally. To me this puts into my head an image of some mellow electronic band on stage and every now and then an electric guitarist walks across stage while he shreds on his guitar.

All in all, its not bad; definitely original and a fresh take on things.

• 1 month later...

I wish that this track had a little more punch in the percussion and bass, and i'm not really liking the rhythm guitar one, but the lead is fine.

Gets a little too repetitive though, but it's nice enough. I don't really feel too strongly about it either way. I think a little more time taken to differentiate the sections and to develop it further in the second half would make it more interesting to me, rather than what sounds like just a cut and paste of the first half. it works well enough for BG music.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01237 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Electrion (Guitar Mix)"