Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hacking - Custom OC ReMix music!

Murmeli Walan

Melee was also horribly unbalanced, and people also hack melee, though it's slightly less popular than Brawl. I believe the main draw people have to hacking Brawl is the amount of content present in the game. Larger roster, more stages, and WAY more music. All of these things can be changed or replaced to create an epic game that plays the way you want to play it. It has nothing to do with making it playable, because it's playable already. It's about making it your own.

And plus, if you want everything to be balanced, then why are you playing games? Nothing is perfectly balanced; there needs to be some unbalance in order to give the game some challenge. The unbalancing is what makes the game fun; if it was all perfectly balanced, it would be quite boring.

you can't be serious.

Melee was also horribly unbalanced, and people also hack melee, though it's slightly less popular than Brawl. I believe the main draw people have to hacking Brawl is the amount of content present in the game. Larger roster, more stages, and WAY more music. All of these things can be changed or replaced to create an epic game that plays the way you want to play it. It has nothing to do with making it playable, because it's playable already. It's about making it your own.

this, I don't use any gameplay affecting hacks normally, but it's great to have custom textures and music, and replays over 3 minutes. textures you couldn't really expect but the latter two is just fixing the developers mistakes as far as I'm concerned, so it's still kind of pathetic

this, I don't use any gameplay affecting hacks normally, but it's great to have custom textures and music, and replays over 3 minutes. textures you couldn't really expect but the latter two is just fixing the developers mistakes as far as I'm concerned, so it's still kind of pathetic

You didn't like the music in Brawl?!?!?!?!

Some of the music in Brawl was good (namely the stuff they actually made and not just tracks ripped from other games), but of course, there's always better stuff that can be added. About 2/3 the music in my Brawl is replaced by remixes and whatnot. I mainly play using other music and texture hacks, though I turn some moveset hacks on when I play with my friends (only the good ones though, which there unfortunately aren't that many of).

I tried my hand at making some BRSTMs a couple of days ago... they were more or less a perfect success, but there was only one problem.

Volume leveling. My ears almost died.

Is there a way to level out the volume on the BRSTMs directly or do I have to remake it?

I was recommended a program called mp3gain. Just load your mp3 into it, and it'll tell you what decibel level it's at. Custom Brawl tracks generally need to be between 94-95 decibels, so add or subtract what you need to get your songs in line. This does mean that you'll have to remake the BRSTMs, though.

Some of the music in Brawl was good (namely the stuff they actually made and not just tracks ripped from other games), but of course, there's always better stuff that can be added. About 2/3 the music in my Brawl is replaced by remixes and whatnot.

With a soundtrack as massive as Brawl's, there's a ton of tracks that are great, but a ton of tracks that aren't good, either. (I'm a Sonic fan. Open Your Heart and His World Instrumental = WIN. Sonic Heroes and Right There, Ride On = Not WIN.) Plus, I think being able to replace/change aspects of Brawl make for a more personalized game experience.

You didn't like the music in Brawl?!?!?!?!

it is good but I do have 2 problems with it

1. much of the better music is locked onto bad stages that few people ever want to play on. zelda music is pretty awesome, too bad none of the zelda stages are very well liked. if you could play any song on any stage, I'd like it a lot more

2. I play brawl a looooot, I go to tournaments a few times a month, go to smashfests every other week, play wifi etc. no matter how much I like it, it's going to get old eventually, I think custom soundtracks should be a standard feature for any game that isn't just a story mode

Okay, I decided to include all the custom music I have. 25 songs, 404 MB download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4TM43M1W

Here's the track list:

Unknown artist- Bossa per due

Royksopp- A Higher Place

Katamari Damacy- Lonely Rolling Star

BlazBlue- v-13's Theme

Daishi Dance- Romance for Journey

Katamari Damacy- Disco x Prince

Nintendo- Saria's Oath (Spooky Groovy remix)

Nintendo- Forest Temple (X-Dream Trance Version)

Elton John- Benny and the Jets

Ashane- Zealous Entropy

bLiNd, Leifo- Urban Uppercut

Chrono Trigger The Brink of Time- Secret of Forest

Yoko Kanno- Untitled Cowboy Bebop song

The Black Mages- Dancing Mad (Final Tier only)

Rilo Kiley- Dreamworld

Final Fantasy IV Celtic Moon- Trojan Beauty

Haddaway- What is Love

Prphecy- Chekan Winter

Prophecy- Sweet Dream Lullaby

Prophecy- Vector Point Engineering Water Buffalo

Rexy, Prophecy- Dream an Eastern Peace

The Smiths- How Soon is Now

The Doors- Light My Fire

Chrono Trigger The Brink of Time- Guardia Millennial Fair

Virt- Blood of Ganon

Please note- I tried to use songs that lasted at least five minutes, to cover the length of the average Brawl Minus match. However, for songs that fell significantly short of 5:00, I just doubled the song. So no looping, the song will end and then start again, and if you're still playing after that, the music will stop.

• 1 month later...