OCR CS:S or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Plant the Bomb

FireSlash

Halt doesn't like campers. I think camping is silly.

The only exception I have to it. Lets say your being chased, you run behind a wall go prone and when then come at you, boom. dead.

But purposely camping and waiting for people is stupid.

CS is organized as attack/defend maps. So typically you'll have one team camping, and the other team on offense. There's plenty of roaming, but the idea is to camp the objectives. It's not like a TF2 attack/defend where you can sacrifice yourself to push them back slightly, because you can't respawn. Though a CS:S map organized in the same fashion as a TF2 arena map would be pretty sweet. Don't know if that exists.

CS is organized as attack/defend maps. So typically you'll have one team camping, and the other team on offense. There's plenty of roaming, but the idea is to camp the objectives. It's not like a TF2 attack/defend where you can sacrifice yourself to push them back slightly, because you can't respawn. Though a CS:S map organized in the same fashion as a TF2 arena map would be pretty sweet. Don't know if that exists.

Can't respawn? the server I used to play on, you could respawn. And then I see what you're saying, But I'm still not a fan of camping.

Can't respawn? the server I used to play on, you could respawn. And then I see what you're saying, But I'm still not a fan of camping.

Oh I forgot about deathmatch. Yeah if you play with respawns there's bound to be a lot less camping, but I don't think we're looking at making a deathmatch server. Fireslash?

Oh I forgot about deathmatch. Yeah if you play with respawns there's bound to be a lot less camping, but I don't think we're looking at making a deathmatch server. Fireslash?

I'm assuming you can change the game mode in server, no? But if its a different game mode, Well then yeah, i can see how its suitable.

I was going to buy that today, haven't yet..

I'm having trouble with Steam. It says "Unable to connect to Steam." and on TF2 it says it's not able to connect to SAV or whatever the security server is. I turned off my firewall and it's still doing that. I have a direct connection to the modem. *sigh* Anyone know what's up?

Had some fun times on the server tonight. I was glad I got to play something other then Dust2, ironically followed by Dust2. I play that map a lot.

I thought most people were doing pretty well too, even those who were obviously pretty new. CS:S has a steep learning curve.

I was going to buy that today, haven't yet..

I'm having trouble with Steam. It says "Unable to connect to Steam." and on TF2 it says it's not able to connect to SAV or whatever the security server is. I turned off my firewall and it's still doing that. I have a direct connection to the modem. *sigh* Anyone know what's up?

Dude, the info is on steam, delete EVERYTHING in your steam folder, except that blobfile name it like oldblob2 . (backup your games and appdata folder)

and then reboot steam. it should work then. It team to update. its not on the latest updated shit so it thinks its busy, when its really not. I've had this problem before, 3 times.

Sorry I wasn't on the server tonight guys. Friend was over and shit and futurama takes presence over video games. I'm sure Fireslash didn't mean to have the two coincide along with OHC being tonight as well.

You are under the false assumption that I know jack about CS:S's gametypes.

Tell me what you want, i'll set it up.

You are under the false assumption that I know jack about CS:S's gametypes.

Tell me what you want, i'll set it up.

I'm the wrong person to ask! And I personally prefer Bomb and Hostage and Aim maps over Deathmatch as it is. And I know jack about servers. Or computers. Or technology.

EDIT: but deathmatch can be lulz

If it's got something where you've got a big team against a horde of zombies, like..... Zombie Apocalypse.... that would be awesome. I don't always like to do players vs. players because I suck, so some kind of co-op would be cool.

There was a CS Mod called Natural Selection a long time ago, it was really awesome. I haven't heard anything about it lately though. If it was updated for CS: Source then that'd be awesome.

YEssssssss. It has been coming along for quite a while now. I thought NS was a HL mod though, not CS.

it is a HL mod, my friend Tyler got a bumper sticker from some big NS server for the top player of the month, note he used to play 8 hours a day and completely raped at that game,

Also, I agree with rambo, I like the way the server is right now.

Well, I'd say the Source server has definitely been fun so far. Source is still $6.80 people, if ya don't have it, get it! It obviously ain't TF2, but it's still fun. I personally play it for the sake of getting my aim better and having it not suck (... except it still does... ;_;).

EDIT: OCR temporary server (or possibly permanent) upon NS2 release? Heck yeah.

I played this source map that was like, bunny hop something or other, it was really quite bad. I don't know how to bunny hop but if it's something that involves binding a function to the mouse wheel, then that's totally not legit. It's too bad nobody plays TFC anymore. Those old conc maps were fun, and took actual skill, no bind mods or anything involved. o_o