OCR CS:S or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Plant the Bomb

FireSlash

- All weapon fire rates now tuned to match their pre-update, tickrate 100 equivalents. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368659)
We also plan on looking at weapon recoil and spread patterns and fixing the integration problems there, as well, but that will be in a later update.

Thank god. I really wondered if I was just crazy about pretty much every weapon feeling off since the update. On the downside I'll probably have to relearn the weapons all over again. On the upside, I might get my ability to headshot with the AK back.

And it's kind of short notice, but is anyone up for a game tonight at about 9:00 EST? I'll be on then either way and at least hang out in the server for a bit to see if anyone shows.

A required update for Counter-Strike: Source is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

- Fixed new weapon firing integration causing some guns to over-fire on single taps

- Fixed a couple of cases where machine guns could skip slightly with enough lag

- Fixed c4 explosion pre-caching

- Added precise audio timing fixes for client-side prediction

- Increased the tolerance for skip detection in client side audio to prevent sound dropping out due to client clock drift

- Completed work on clan tag strings validation

I don't think FireSlash applied this to the server yet... I'm checking that now.

Edit: Nope. Updated and now restarting.

Well, I haven't been on to play some CS since Starcraft 2 came out, but I do still want to get on for some games with people from here (and on the OCR server). Unfortunately, I am moving this weekend and the company I'm going with for internet decided they can't give me any until August 10th. So I will have no internet connection with which to play with anyone for at least that long, and to top it off I may start working some wierd hours soon so I don't know when I'll get to play.

I'll try to get on when I can once I do have internet, and can hopefully join in for any scheduled events after that.

• 3 weeks later...

Required updates to TF2/CSS and DODS are up now. The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2)

- The mat_hdr_level, r_rootlod, and r_waterforceexpensive settings are now saved in the user's config file.

- Fixed clients being able to connect to servers with spoofed SteamIDs.

- Fixed a bug where some video configurations could get reset by restarting the engine.

- Fixed materials compiled into a map not being loaded correctly if they're in the root materials folder.

- Fixed a case of uneven performance on multicore machines.

- Fixed point contents not respecting detail brushes. This fixes a bullet penetration bug in some community maps.

- Fixed clients being able to spam servers using the ai_set_move_height_epsilon, mission_show, and sv_querycache_stats commands.

- Audio fixes:

---- Reduced overlap in the sound timing code.

---- Fixed a case where audio could skip.

---- Fixed voice communication getting corrupted while playing on a Mac.

- sv_pure 2 now protects the game_sounds files in the scripts directory.

Counter-Strike Source

- Fixed prediction errors that were causing greater weapon inaccuracy (bullet spread) on client than server.

- Made the bomb the primary target of a +USE command. This fixes a problem with objects placed around the bombsite interrupting defuse attempts.

- Fixed the 'skating' behavior that could occur when a bomb planting attempt was aborted. Also fixes the resulting out of sync hit boxes.

- Fixed bug in which a player who crouched rapidly and repeatedly was seen as stationery by other players.

- Fixed problem in which the sound of a reload that was occurring when a player was killed persisted into spectator mode, making it sound like a reload was taking place near the spectated player.

- Gave chat interface priority over scoreboard to reduce conflict between the two.

- Increased size of HUD icons.

- Fixed bug with env_hudhint that caused problems when its value was greater than 255 characters.

- Made the message of the day screen dismissible by hitting ENTER.

- Fixed servers not being able to set sv_hudhint_sound.

- Gun sounds now match up with the framerate dependent sound timing, and fixed the framerate dependent jittering bugs.

- Stats:

---- Fixed an issue that could cause loss of player stats if network connectivity was lost briefly, just after launching the game.

---- Fixed an issue that caused the favorite weapon to display incorrectly on the stats summary page when a player achieves the most kills with a knife or grenade.

---- Made newly-earned achievements and stats immediately update in the achievements and stats panels instead of showing stale data.

---- Improved the font on the achievement toast.

- Community Requests:

---- Added cvar sv_enablebunnyhopping, defaulted to 0. ( A value of 1 autotags the server with "bunnyhop" )

---- De_dust and De_dust2 updated.

------- Fixed several exploits.

------- Fixed collisions on crenellation and domes.

------- Fixed minor visual glitches.

------- Adjusted HDR settings.

------- Removed dust clouds.

---- Added console variable cl_hudhint_sound.

Server has been updated and restarted.

I take back what I said about hoping to play this week. I'm only able to make this post during the one time in two days my internet has decided to work, and even then it feels like it's going at about 5kb/s. And lucky me, I'll be the guy who gets to call my ISP after a ten hour shift tomorrow to get them to come fix it.

Whoops, I haven't been reporting server updates here. There've been two since my last post.

Required updates to Counter-Strike: Source are now available. The specific changes include:

- Added a new server ConVar "sv_competitive_minspec" that enforces the following restrictions on clients when set to 1:

---- r_drawdetailprops 1

---- r_staticprop_lod (-1 to 3)

---- fps_max minimum 60 (or 0)

---- cl_detailfade minimum 400

---- cl_detaildist minimum 1200

---- cl_interp (0 to 0.031)

---- cl_interp_ratio (1 to 2)

- Fixed ragdolls popping when using mp_fadetoblack 1

- Fixed a buffer overrun exploit that could be used to attack/crash servers.

- Fixed a crash at startup when no sound emitter scripts were loaded.

- Fixed a crash that could happen if a custom model was loaded with missing materials.

- Fixed a crashed related to alt-tab.

- Fixed a potential crash in the shaders.

- Fixed a crash when running custom maps with missing model files

- Removed the client console commands "mat_supress" and "mat_debug"

Required update for Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source are now available. The specific changes include:

Source Engine ( TF2, DoD:S, CS:S )

- Fixed a crash on startup with some video drivers.

- Fixed a bug where the speaker config would be lost on Windows Vista / 7

- Fixed a case where alt-tab would stop rendering models.

- Made the 'X' that closes the achievements screen visible by default in 1280x720 resolution.

- Made disconnect messages wrap so they don't get truncated.

- Made kick / disconnect messages more legible.

Counter-Strike: Source

- Fixed a memory leak in the dedicated server.

- Fixed a problem that could cause the crosshair to expand briefly after the trigger is released.

- Made crosshair scale independently of framerate, matching the old behavior at 100 fps. This does not affect actual recoil, fire rate, or spread - only the expansion of the crosshair. Added cl_legacy_crosshair, which defaults to the new behavior.

- Made the crosshair for the Glock and Famas scale correctly upon firing in burst mode.

- Removed ability to jump to inaccessible locations using grenades (flashboosting). Added sv_enableboost (defaulted to 0) for those who prefer to allow this behavior.

- Fixed an issue with involving incorrect armor protection vs. grenade damage. Added sv_legacy_grenade_damage (defaulted to 0) to allow servers to revert to the original behavior.

- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the freezecam sound to be heard when spectating a player who dies.

- Fixed an issue that could cause KeyHintText to generate junk characters.

- Prevented ragdoll spasm that could occur when using the jointeam command.

- Addressed a problem with the sniper rifles that prevented unzooming during auto-reload after shooting all the bullets in a clip.

- Fixed an issue with the AWP and Scout that could cause their zooms to vibrate briefly after a reload.

- Fixed map cycling so that the cycle now starts from the map selected by the user instead of going back to the first map.

- Fixed mp_restartgame so that it resets MVPs as well as score and deaths.

- Removed fun fact from achievements summary screen and associated playerblotter functionality.

- Throttled warning messages for disabled achievements to no more than once every 60 seconds.

- Made the silhouette that appears when you hit AUTO-SELECT on the Terrorist choose a class screen fit within its borders.

- Fixed lock radar rotation option in the GUI. Setting this option now works.

- Fixed a potential crash with custom huds.

- Fixed a bug in walk prediction.

(cropped TF2 update notes)

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. This is also an optional update for Counter-Strike: Source. The specific changes include:

Dedicated Servers (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2)

- Fixed a case where servers would lock-up while writing .dmp files.

Counter-Strike: Source

- Fixed some minor smoke grenade bugs.

I'll be installing this soon, but the TF2 update has a higher priority and will be installed first.

• 1 year later...
So Counter-Strike Global Offensive comes out tomorrow.

I'mma have it.

I vote that an OCR Server should be established and people shouldst play the game.

No offense to whoever runs it, I am merely excited AND I FEEL THAT PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME

I pre-purchased yesterday. WHY CAN'T I PRELOAD IT YET?

Its been too long since I've played Counter Strike and I forgot how awesome it was so I am very excite.

Naturally my first encounters with CS:GO must be full of wetness. Amphibious all around, and maybe a bit of The Wettening in the background... mmm... yessss... well maybe just Amphibious. That's enough wetness.

I don't know how to respond, but I like it.

I didn't bother installing the Beta a day before release because I was worried I'd have to download it again, since the Beta and the actual game are 2 separate things in my library.

Aw well, guess I'll find out soon :<