Mayahem Temple Forever

You need to go through this track with an objective ear and polish it up. I'm sure you can tell that there are some issues that have manifested themselves due to sloppiness. It's mostly evident in the instruments' timing. That can be fixed with quantization. However your lead instruments also have a high attack, which will also make them sound like they're playing too late.

You had a youtube comment that said trills don't work with strings. Allow me to elaborate: trills work brilliantly with real strings, but you're using synthesized strings; it's your job to make them sound real. Your trills sound bad because of high attack again.

Also I think you should spend more time on the intro, so it's more than *sustained note* .. *WHAM: melody*

Spend an afternoon going through this thing. The more anal you are, the better.

P.S., allow me to recommend using an oboe as your lead instrument. That'll sound cool.

Even more brownie points if you also use bass clarinet.

ooh, now I'm getting ideas. At 1:12, you should use a bass clarinet for that motive, ending it on that long F2. If I'm recalling my range correctly, bass clarinet sounds great right about there. And I don't mean Bb Clarinet sampled down that low, I mean samples of the real motherfucking beast.

Thanks for the input. I've been slightly sloppy with some of the melodies in this. It would be nice to have someone to work with on this song, and my King K. Rool song.

I use Mixcraft 5. It's the only program I can use for free. If I had more money I would defentaly get a better sounding one. Anyways, if someone would like to help me polish those two songs up, I could fix them, and be better prepared for my future songs.

Thanks. ;)