Yoshi's Island: Boss Battle Music

Jikosei

Anyone think they can do a metal-ish remix/cover of this song? Preferably something that's kind of in the same ball-park as "The Doomsday" by SnappleMan, Ashane, and norg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMSKYa71pMk if you need a reference.

The organ in this song is already amazing, and that alone sends a chill down my spine, but a lead guitar would absolutely freeze and shatter it. Though I've found a couple remixes already on youtube, they're not quite what I'm looking for; not really the professional quality of what I've already experienced from many remixers on this site.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...

I'm guessing you guys are talking about the 2nd boss fight music (2 bosses per world, one at world *-4 and one at *-8 ). For ease of reference, I'll call them Boss1 and Boss2.

Boss1 music is catchy and lighthearted, and hard not to tap one's foot to. I can't imagine a way to remix it.

Boss2 music is upbeat and frantic, and provides an excellent sense of tension and immersion. I always imagine it starting with the prelude music with Kamek, threatening Yoshi with a new super-sized monster; this tune would be a tease, lighthearded and harmless, making for a high-contrast transition with the boss fight music proper. This portion I always imagined being a heavy metal track, similar to Dead Batteries/Live at the Sandopolis, the synth/keyboard track being replaced with electric guitar.

• 1 month later...