OCR02060 - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers "It's Morphin Time!"

djpretzel

Super job right here! I remember this from the WIP boards... I was so excited to hear this, not just because the song itself is awesome but also because the game brings back huge moments of nostalgia. Ah, MMPR. :-P

But really, the song is amazing. I'm glad that Willrock is branching out and trying out some new things. His synth trademark isn't getting old, by any means, but this breath of fresh air makes the synthy goodness all the better to listen to. :D

Not only was the concept of Power Rangers unexpected to some extent. But the fact that I can't hear anything from their main theme in this. Uh... except for a few twings here and there that have the same flow as their theme song.

Any particular reason it didn't hit down in this song? Like, is it a more obscure piece because you didn't want your local friends to listen in and go: "is that... Power Rangers?..." then stare at you funny?

Not only was the concept of Power Rangers unexpected to some extent. But the fact that I can't hear anything from their main theme in this. Uh... except for a few twings here and there that have the same flow as their theme song.

I've played about half of the game once and I don't remember hearing the show's theme anywhere beyond the intro. (edit: this was also like 10 years ago)

Regarding this remix: wasn't feeling it so much. I think the quality/mixing is definitely showing improvement. The first guitar solo was awesome, but started dragging toward the end - I was giving it a casual first listen and it made me really pay attention to what was going on to make sense of it. The synth solo is <3 though. Just something about it isn't grabbing my total interest.

Is this the first level/area theme?

Any particular reason it didn't hit down in this song? Like, is it a more obscure piece because you didn't want your local friends to listen in and go: "is that... Power Rangers?..." then stare at you funny?

Well OverClocked Remix tend to not like it if you use music made outside games. If you read the submission standards:

The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify.

If i'd used the power rangers theme prominently it probably would not have hit the front page.

Remember this is a remix made for the game, not the TV series itself.

Is this the first level/area theme?

Actually, it's the Area 2 theme. This ReMix shows some great guitar work. I remember hearing the WIP and loving it. I kinda hope the other Area themes get some ReMixes as well. This was one of those games where the music shined.

Not 90's Enough.

Okay, yes, I'm kidding. I heard this repeatedly when it was on the WIP forums and was quite happy with the final he had then, even when it had lack-luster guitars and a hihat that irked me a bit. But then he goes and does this retooling of it. Damn you, Willrock, and your quick-adapting abilities. This perfectly captures the feeling of the game, and the Power Rangers. Excellent synth work throughout (the swells are my favorite usage you did), and rocking guitars with beastly solos.

Someone get this guy a gold trophy full of steak. He deserves the glitz and the meat for a job well done on a song that is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

MORPHINOMINAL!

8-)

Heck yes, this is totally rocking and really makes me nostalgic (for the show at least, I'm not that familiar with the game).

But this is an amazing mix, the nod to Wasserman's work is especially delicious, and will be permanently placed on my playlist.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02060 - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers "It's Morphin Time!"