Pokémon G/S/C/HG/SS Kanto Gym Battle ReMix

Sounds intense haha I like what you've done. I like at 2:10 when it drops back to piano for a few seconds, then just rushes back in. I feel that you could've extended the "dun-duuuuuun" part at 3:04 a little more - drop down, then build up some intensity, then explode back into the main theme.

Overall, I really liked it :) good job!

My favourite theme from the original games. But you haven't changed much. It sounds very similar to the original, with a couple of extensions unrelated to the source thrown in

Plus that fake-guitar lead is dominating the mix. the drums and everything else are hidden in the background. I do like the action level of the drums, but it's a repeating loops mostly, change it up and play with it some more.

The piano break was nice. It came a little late for my liking.

Keep up the work. This was the first track I ever remixed, and by comparison this is much better than what I ended up with.

You have HG/SS's modulation to Major in there. Please take it out ;o

Honestly, don't take any ideas from the remakes' musical remixes. Junichi Masuda must've been fucking drunk or something when he was dealing with the entire score (except for National Park.. good shit).

I'm not a fan of whatever triad you're using at the very beginning. Whatever it is, it exhibits traits of a mode other than that which follows afterward. It sounds very out of place.

I like the synthetic keyboard that comes in at 0:25, though I think the 8va transposition is too high for that synth. Consider using a different instrument right there, it will also add more to the variety you were trying to achieve with that transposition.. Shortly thereafter, though, I think you modulated up a perfect fifth (with respect to the original), which I quite like the effect of. Modulating to a higher-pitched key increases the piece's intensity...

... . and moving to Major destroys it. I'm definitely heavily biased against Major-key, so see if other people also think it's out-of-place, too. If not, then.. whatever, I'll leave.

You have HG/SS's modulation to Major in there. Please take it out ;o

Modulating to a higher-pitched key increases the piece's intensity...

... . and moving to Major destroys it. I'm definitely heavily biased against Major-key, so see if other people also think it's out-of-place, too. If not, then.. whatever, I'll leave.

Personally, this was my favorite arrangement of HG/SS. I thought the modulation to major was a pretty cool change, a way to make it a bit more cheer, as well as stay in the action. That really was the HG/SS part of the song. I can tell a lot of people are biased against major, but there isnt really much wrong with it. its all music. I'm thinking of maybe instead of doing a major transition there to instead transition up a halfstep in minor, or possibly to the ninth of the Eb minor chord. what do you think?

As much as I hate to admit it, if you like Major I think you would be just as well off not listening to anything I say.

I'm not sure which key it's in, but modulating a half-step up in the same key is going to make it sound very tense, potentially over-the-top tense. Consider modulating to a more closely-related key (meaning a key signiture that deviates by just one or two accidentals).

I'm not sure what you mean by the ninth of and Eb minor chord. A minor 9th above Eb would be Fb. In other words, some key of E.

I think modulations are definitely a good idea for adding flavor. Moving to Major is as fine of a choice as any, the only difference is SlyGen doesn't like it, but you shouldn't worry about that. However, I do believe that my comments about destroying the music's intensity are objective and accurate. As bitter as it sounds when I say it, I honestly think that's the very reason it was put in there.. Pokémon is supposed to be a friendly game, and the gym matches themselves are supposed to be friendly; thus the music fits. You just won't see it on my playlist is all.

I

I'm not sure what you mean by the ninth of and Eb minor chord. A minor 9th above Eb would be Fb. In other words, some key of E.

I think modulations are definitely a good idea for adding flavor. Moving to Major is as fine of a choice as any, the only difference is SlyGen doesn't like it, but you shouldn't worry about that. However, I do believe that my comments about destroying the music's intensity are objective and accurate. As bitter as it sounds when I say it, I honestly think that's the very reason it was put in there.. Pokémon is supposed to be a friendly game, and the gym matches themselves are supposed to be friendly; thus the music fits. You just won't see it on my playlist is all.

lol about your last comment; I myself am for upbeat yet still epic songs; i absolutely HATE the rival battle music from D/P/Pt.

I also agree with the music intensity factor; that's why i changed that other chord before, because i thought it added a cool build and intensity to the end.

As for the 9th of Eb minor, it is actually just a straight F (as i am not intending for there to be a b9; i dont believe b9 is in the chord anyways; the minor has enough flats; the 9th is similar--pretty much is-- to the second except up an octave. Unless there's a flat nine. Fb would be just like moving up a half step)

Its pretty funny how pokemons supposed to be a friendly game, yet those were the same minds who had thought up the Mother series before. LOL :shock: