My appreciation

ddavis1979

I am new to the forums, but not new to the comunity and the great works of musical artistry that come from it. I dont know how often appreciation is expressed, but I feel the compulsion to share mine.

I am eternally thankful that I have found this site and there is not a doubt in my mind that OC Remix has had a profound effect on my life. I have an hour commute to work one way and I burned a CD with 120 songs from this site and I listen to it everyday. It moves my soul!

Since I have no musical talent of my own, I wish to thank each and every one of you!

I will post some requests in the proper thread, and thanks for everything!

I feel the same way dude.

Glad to see you getting involved on the forums. Honestly, the music is only the half of it. It took me a while to stop lurking the forums, but when I did, I discovered that the people here are some of the coolest I'd ever met.

I get all tingly when people take the time to do this. It reminds me why any/all OCR bullshit/politics/standards (which, as a newbie, you should know is actually pretty minimal) is worth it.

Although I don't represent the OCRemixers ddavis1979, thank you for your kind words as a die-hard OCR member. We really do something special here. Anyone remixing a game is reaching something more special to gamers than just any old song. It's paying tribute to a communal nostalgia.

For the most part, every last 'retro' song which has a source tune recognized means the last time that was melody was HEARD was by your childhood ears. It reminds us of a time when we escaped into the repetition of leveling up, a tricky boss we overcame, a sad or happy part of the story, a birthday party where you first put the cartridge in; the plastic wrap tossed carelessly beside the system due to your sheer excitement of getting the game you wanted, a Christmas where you christen a system's first power-on...

It is something special... as if music wasn't already special enough.

I get all tingly when people take the time to do this. It reminds me why any/all OCR bullshit/politics/standards (which, as a newbie, you should know is actually pretty minimal) is worth it.

Although I don't represent the OCRemixers ddavis1979, thank you for your kind words as a die-hard OCR member. We really do something special here. Anyone remixing a game is reaching something more special to gamers than just any old song. It's paying tribute to a communal nostalgia.

For the most part, every last 'retro' song which has a source tune recognized means the last time that was melody was HEARD was by your childhood ears. It reminds us of a time when we escaped into the repetition of leveling up, a tricky boss we overcame, a sad or happy part of the story, a birthday party where you first put the cartridge in; the plastic wrap tossed carelessly beside the system due to your sheer excitement of getting the game you wanted, a Christmas where you christen a system's first power-on...

It is something special... as if music wasn't already special enough.

I couldn't have said it better myself, LAOS. That was very well-spoken, and very true.

I am new to the forums, but not new to the comunity and the great works of musical artistry that come from it. I dont know how often appreciation is expressed, but I feel the compulsion to share mine.

I am eternally thankful that I have found this site and there is not a doubt in my mind that OC Remix has had a profound effect on my life. I have an hour commute to work one way and I burned a CD with 120 songs from this site and I listen to it everyday. It moves my soul!

Since I have no musical talent of my own, I wish to thank each and every one of you!

I will post some requests in the proper thread, and thanks for everything!

Thanks dude, and I'm with you on that one. It's a great site with a lot of pleasant and colourful personalities. The same can be said about the music. I look up to a lot of musicians here even if I never say that to them like you did. A lot of people forget the link between internet and reality, but what goes on here has a profound effect on a lot of real lives. :-)

None compare to here.

I was going to post a picture of me in a speedo just to make you change your mind. But nawwwww, that'd be really wrong of me.

It's always special when someone comes here to say how much they appreciate everyone's work, and it will never get old. "You done good."

You know what OC ReMixers also really like? They LOVE reviews on their songs. Now that you're all signed up, definitely let the people who's songs move you the most know that and why. Have fun!

Thanks for the support!

Song reviews, I did one already and I made my requests thread.

Since I have no good musical background, I feel ill equipped to do good reviews and I tend to be very crititcal. I hesistate to be negative when people pour lots of time and effort into something that I dont have the ability to do but that I still think sucks :)

HAH!

I feel exactly the same way you do davis but I always refrained from making a post about it from fear of gettin laughed at but obviously that didn't happen and I knew it wasn't goin to lol xD. Overclocked was part of the reason I got back into making music after seein all the talent on here and listenin to some of my favorite video game music get remixed in cool and unexpected ways. So I would like to thank OCR as well =).

Thanks for the support!

Song reviews, I did one already and I made my requests thread.

Since I have no good musical background, I feel ill equipped to do good reviews and I tend to be very crititcal. I hesistate to be negative when people pour lots of time and effort into something that I dont have the ability to do but that I still think sucks :)

HAH!

If you don't like being negative then just review the remixes that you really enjoy. Simple as that.

I was going to post a picture of me in a speedo just to make you change your mind. But nawwwww, that'd be really wrong of me.

Dood! Just post it.

Since I have no good musical background, I feel ill equipped to do good reviews and I tend to be very crititcal.

I don't think a person needs to know a lot about music in order to post a review, you can just say what the remix made you feel or that you enjoyed it, I think that should be enough.

BTW, nice thread :nicework:

I don't think a person needs to know a lot about music in order to post a review, you can just say what the remix made you feel or that you enjoyed it, I think that should be enough.

BTW, nice thread :nicework:

I would have to agree, I do not have much musical knowledge in the technical sense but I always feel like I can provide SOME sort of feedback for the artist. Just do it indeed!

OCR appreciation thread, nice :grin:

Since I have no good musical background, I feel ill equipped to do good reviews

I have the same problem. But as others have said, maybe it doesn't matter so much and I should leave some remix reviews anyway.

I can't paint, but if I see a pic I like, I can often figure out what I like about it. The color, the shapes, the constrast, some interpretation of what it means. "That thing in the corner that looks like the moon looks kind'a like an eye too, like someone's watching. Cool how the moonbeams illuminate all the ppl in the pic. And nice house designs in the right-hand background." Still can't paint. :P

I know I often look at my review threads (and got a kick out of getting my winter mix posted and having a long review thread now that I got home from camps :D) and it's always cool to see how something I did affected ppl. What they like the most, what it makes them think of, what visuals they imagine when they hear it, how some instrument or melody or rhythm or something gets them feeling a certain way. Just say what you like about it in whatever words (musical or not) you've got to describe what you hear or feel. :)

Also, awesome first post. :D