Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: "Runaway Faith" Remix

TGH

Wow, guys, I'm such a noob X(

I'm assuming there's no way for me to delete my work-in-progress thread for this remix, nor can I change it to the 'mod-review' status. . . so I decided to just make a new thread, I guess. . . If you could please just delete my work in progress thread (the one that says "Run Away" Remix) I'd be delighted. Sorry about that. X)

Anyway, here's a solo piano remix I started making a LONG while ago with FL studio, and picked up again just recently; this is the result. Please tell me what you think:

http://tindeck.com/listen/uizz

And here's the source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51IYbIU18cc

Thank you much :))

-TGH

Well, I've gotta say that, despite the pretty competent arrangement here, you're going to have a tough time scraping by with those samples :-( There's a very weak and thin quality about them that leaves the mix feeling rather empty, despite the fact that your arrangement has a lot of dynamic range. Especially when you hit the high notes, they take a noticeable hit in volume that might be due to a limiter, or just a shoddy piano sample.

Either way, with some better samples I'm sure this would have no problem passing the panel. I really like the arrangement and the articulation/humanization is actually pretty well done for a sequenced mix. Nice work on that!

Thank you guys so much :)

I reworked it a little and came up with this. I basically just lowered the volume of the bass and increased the volume of the high notes, plus some small equalization adjustments. I'm not as much asking for more feedback as I am just asking you if I'm on the right track with fixing what you said.

http://tindeck.com/listen/tmji

Thanks again, guys :D

With my little experience in sound quality, I'm not really qualified to comment. I'm just poppin' in to say that while I still really like it, you really have to make the right hand a lot gentler (especially in the vicinity a third of the way through) and generally have the note velocity a bit more varied. Right now it really doesn't sound natural...

It's still a little bit below the bar, IMO. Try EQing the bass frequencies up to get more out of your piano, because I think the left hand melodies are the part of the song that's hurt the most by the sample.

On the right track though, keep tinkering with it to see what you can get out of this sample :-) I think you might be able to make it up to the bar with this.

• 9 months later...

Wow, you really improved your piano sound a lot since the first time I heard this tune. It's still not perfectly realistic, but the sequencing here should be more than enough :-)

The arrangement is a little fragmented and, some might say, meandering. But I wanted to let you know I enjoyed the listen and I hope you do well with the panel when you choose to submit :-) Hopefully those things I mentioned about the arrangement won't be a huge issue.

Good luck!