Nintendo remix album: need game ideas

um. why would you want to make, like, a tribute album without knowing what exactly you want to pay tribute to? can't you figure out that part for yourself?

Seconded :<

That said, it's tough to go wrong with any of the Kirby games' soundtracks - especially since they tend to use so many of the same songs.

um. why would you want to make, like, a tribute album without knowing what exactly you want to pay tribute to? can't you figure out that part for yourself?

My guess is that the OP is tributing Nintendo in general.

@mikurotoro

King of Dragons (Cave of Hydra, Treasure in an Old Castle, The Orc Village) and Super Soccer (Germany, Intro, Penalty Shootout - a medly of some sorts, since they're all short). Sure, they're not well known like Mega man, Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy or Metroid games (nor would doing them be a real tribute to Nintendo, TBH), but what the heck. :|

My guess is that the OP is tributing Nintendo in general.

yeah, but why? it's all about the the games.

there's nothing wrong at all with taking up remix requests or arranging tracks you've never even heard ingame, but personally, i wouldn't start an album dedicated to the output of a company without having a good idea of what i want to do with it.

the 'nintendo fan album' thing is generic enough as is. now add a democratised, impersonal tracklist to that...can't say i'm too thrilled about that prospect.

i'm not saying everything needs a super elaborate concept, but i'd like to get a feeling of heartfelt appreciation for the music. it doesn't matter if it's the umpteenth nintendo tribute. if you put your heart into it, it's all good.

and for that, choosing the tracks yourself just seems like a good start to me.

peace.

What the fuck? I posted a message last night about the in-house Nintendo groups that made games, and now it's gone?

I swear, this happens more times than it should.

Any way:

Brownie Brown, EAD, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft, NSD, NST, Project Sora, Retro Studios, SPD, SDD, Special-Projects, Technology Development and Nd Cube are all first-party groups that Nintendo has either made or bought over the years. They are the ones that made a lot of the Nintendo titles over the years.

You can check out their info and games they made here.

That list should give you an idea of what games you can pick and choose from, and then from there, what songs you can remix.