Game over for VGMix? NOPE

KyleJCrb

• 8 months later...

Yes I'm reviving this thread again. We need to somehow collect a lot of the VGMix X stuff that seems to be gone forever. It's almost like, no one even mentions VGMix X anymore. There were some really cool things there, and again nobody is talking about them. I made a megamix of stuff that was there in 2008, had a huge blast scouring the website and coming across really unique remixes. Unfortunately it was lost in a crash; no one I gave it to seems to have it any longer. (I wish I could just read that text document in the link, because there are remixes that I can't even remember the artist to, let alone the title.) There was a Walk On A Rainbow trance remix that was the first time I'd ever heard that source composition, and it is a really spectacular memory that I have of listening to it. Anyway, I'm using this occasion to try and let people know that the VGMix X scene nostalgia representation is extremely lacking in 2015 (lol). How could seemingly just about all of them be lost? I fear that somehow, since by now nothing seems to have happened, that it's going to be nearly impossible to get a hold of people who have the remainder... even possibly the host of the files, whether that's solely virt or some other people. 

Yes I'm reviving this thread again. We need to somehow collect a lot of the VGMix X stuff that seems to be gone forever. It's almost like, no one even mentions VGMix X anymore. There were some really cool things there, and again nobody is talking about them. I made a megamix of stuff that was there in 2008, had a huge blast scouring the website and coming across really unique remixes. Unfortunately it was lost in a crash; no one I gave it to seems to have it any longer. (I wish I could just read that text document in the link, because there are remixes that I can't even remember the artist to, let alone the title.) There was a Walk On A Rainbow trance remix that was the first time I'd ever heard that source composition, and it is a really spectacular memory that I have of listening to it. Anyway, I'm using this occasion to try and let people know that the VGMix X scene nostalgia representation is extremely lacking in 2015 (lol). How could seemingly just about all of them be lost? I fear that somehow, since by now nothing seems to have happened, that it's going to be nearly impossible to get a hold of people who have the remainder... even possibly the host of the files, whether that's solely virt or some other people. 

Is this safe?

My antivirus program keeps blocking it, I cannot download it.

I would like to hear that mix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So nobody has even the layout saved from VGMix X?

There were so many remixes there! And some of them were pretty enjoyable.

If you go to http://www.archive.org there is no way to even see the "songs pages" from VGMix X!

One of the admins of VGMix X has to have this layout/information, ...right?

I still think it's possible one of the admins has it—so we can at least see the information, let alone lost MP3s.

virt? anyone?

I've decided to do all I can, to figure out how to get some leads on my ruminations in my post above.

Here is my mission statement pasted from #thasauce on EsperNet (since that's where they say to go on http://www.vgmixarchive.com/)

[15:40:34] <audityo> heya, found an odd website with old info on vgmix x tracks http://astroblahhh.com/music/astrosort/mercury.shtml
[15:41:07] <audityo> was thinking of going through and seeing if i can contact people to see if more can be found for vgmixarchive.com
[15:41:13] <audityo> thru this information
[15:41:16] * audityo is now known as audity
[15:41:34] <audity> (or i guess vgmix in general not just X, but i'm really interested in X)
[15:42:06] <audity> already e-mailed the website owner though he might take a week give or take to respond, probably
[15:43:33] <audity> too bad i didn't find this site earlier, since last.fm has gone through so many versions now, some of the MP3s seem to be gone now haha, if they were ever there
[15:43:55] <audity> of course those are just 128kbps reconverts of the original mp3s i think
[15:52:06] <audity> but hopefully the owner has them all anyway (and maybe more)

1) Already found a VGMix X track that sounds nice, and doesn't appear to be on vgmixarchive.com, though I don't see any way to download it from this myspace.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/raruoayhq51garc/For%20Audity.zip?dl=0

2) Here is a ZIP file that definitely has 3 tracks that were on VGMix X, but aren't on VGMixArchive. You can look at Astroblahhh's website (the second link at the top of this post) to double check that it's correct.

My ultimate goal is to find some remixes that I personally remember as being fantastic. I hope something more can come out of this.

That's enough for today's work. In some day's time I will continue to look at Astroblahhh's website to see if there could even be some "VGMix 2" stuff that is not present on VGMixArchive. I think that should be enough effort from me to prove that I'm serious about this—in hopes to take things even a step further (if someone does still have VGMix X's website layout/shell stored away).

• 2 months later...

Hey, everyone...

1ENmQII.png

It has been 10 years since VGMix 2 was forced to "shut its doors". So in order to celebrate the positive impact it had on the game music scene, I am sharing 29 remixes from my old backups (I have more than that. But honestly, I don't want to share music that no one could possibly like). None of these tracks are on VGMix Archive, which means many of them will finally see the light of day after a whole decade! I tagged each song and even included comments from the artists themselves, when such info was available for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hfwl3l85n2i716/VGMix.rar

I hope you enjoy!

• 6 months later...

Thanks for that, downloading it. Although I do have great information:

I have all of VGMix 2 and VGMix X remixes. "Apollia" sent them to me. I started a video series showcasing some of the great ones:

Go ahead and READ most of the video's description, for all the information that's needed, until I think of more to add.

I rarely know which direction to face in these remixing communities to find the people I need to get maximum impact out of sharing the entire archives with people. I'm not sure where to get to the highest order of this community's gathering to have the biggest event possible, to show everyone there that these remixes are not lost forever to the void.

So, I can upload them whenever I get enough attention for giving them all out, lol. Apollia herself has told me that she would be even far less likely to speak up / without being shy about it. As for me, I would post this under my Audity account (which I did several posts ago), but this forum changed a bit, so I just used this account that I created in 2005 (it had the password right in the e-mail I received for it in 2005, LOL).