Journey Through The Dark

DJSoto13

This is a Link To The Past orchestral "journey" I threw together. This has the Dark World Overworld theme, the Death Mountain theme, the Ganon theme, and the Boss Defeat-Crystal Get theme.

My 2nd attempt at remixing... What do you think? Too abrupt, too long, too... what? Link is in my sig.

UJS, uh... check your volume settings? I've played it in Reason, WMP, and Tindeck, and it's all good for me.

And thanks. But this is just the basic structure of it, that's why I looped the themes twice, abruptly transitioned, and stayed close to the source. I'll add original stuff and more layers later, I just wanted to post it and see what people thought. I originally had the dark world dungeon theme in there, but... It felt out of place :P

Right, so I've revised it to the point where there is some original content in there, the transitions are a little more fluid, the sounds are more balanced (although I'm still trying to get a more "live", concert-hall feel (suggestions for this?), but overall, it's made some progress.

• 1 month later...

THE NEXT REVISION

is basically the same. I kinda got that concert-hall feel. But it's like someone who snuck into the hall at the beginning, got bumped to the back of the hall by security, and the sound kinda suffered for that. The reason being, it was quite loud in Reason and in MP3 form. So after that, I tried to pull it down. Kinda did. So... Yeah.

Also, does anyone know about any ReFills or soundfonts that are like 8-bit, old-school video game sounds?

stats.png

17.29 MB.

Dude.

Seriously.

It sounds echoey and muffled, timing is stiff, volume levels make some instruments completely drown others out when they're clearly not supposed to be the focus, and I'm pretty sure you didn't actually rewrite a single thing and just updated the samples.