Brushin the dust off the cover - 360 and PSP game recommendations

Summer school is almost over, and I feel it is time to get me some games to play on my psp and 360 for when it finally ends.

I am looking for anything really. As long as the game is fun and worth the purchase *aka not rental since every rental place around me closed*, I am down with gettin it.

So, what do you guys recommend? :)

I only own Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII myself, but I can recommend both. DXC is fantastic if you're a fan of classic CV (whether you already have Rondo of Blood via Wii Virtual Console or not), and if you're not, Symphony of the Night is included as an unlockable port. Crisis Core is pretty much the only product in the Compilation of FFVII, barring the original game of course, that people agree is relatively enjoyable.

I did borrow Mega Man Maverick Hunter X from a friend some time ago, and that was good stuff to.

if you're looking for a traditional rpg, Persona 3 Portable is coming out in three days or so

I am buying that shit so hard

also, what little I've played of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is fantastic

I've been playing "imported" jap games for so long I'm forgetting what was released over here

if you're looking for a traditional rpg, Persona 3 Portable is coming out in three days or so

I am buying that shit so hard

also, what little I've played of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is fantastic

I've been playing "imported" jap games for so long I'm forgetting what was released over here

I've made a thread on Peacewalker but got no responses for it. :puppyeyes: Thought I was the only one that had preordered it on the forums here.

It truly is a fantastic game for the PSP; enough so it makes me wish it had been done for the PS3 instead so badly. Shit if it ever gets redone for it I'm getting it.

Persona 3 Portable is a good buy, especially if you've never played P3:FES on the PS2

I found Project Sylpheed for the Xbox 360 to be worth the 15 bucks I paid for it. It was fun, not ground breaking, but I got into it.

I will abstain from spewing praise for Half Minute Hero for the PSP, because I am almost certain I've discussed its greatness with you in another thread. If that is not the case, and you haven't played it yet, then put that on the top of your to buy list. You'll love yourself for it.

Well for PSP was the Lunar: Silver Star Story remake.. The remake of Star Ocean one and two was also pretty fun. The Disgaea remakes also aren't a bad purchase if you don't own either on console, or wish to have them portable.. Aside from those I mirror opinions on Crisis Core being worth atleast a one time play through. Even now if you haven't gotten it I'd recommend the Final Fantasy Tactics release for it. I played the original to death and still get alot out of the PSP version.

I will abstain from spewing praise for Half Minute Hero for the PSP, because I am almost certain I've discussed its greatness with you in another thread. If that is not the case, and you haven't played it yet, then put that on the top of your to buy list. You'll love yourself for it.

^ This.

Other games that I own and can reccommend:

Me and my Katamari: Pretty good port of the series if you're a fan. Its at least worth a try.

Rock Band Unplugged: A surprisingly addictive game even without gimmicky peripherals.

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions: An update of the ps1 title. Good if you like tactical rpgs.

Jeanne D'arc: Better gameplay than FFT in some ways. Pretty decent game overall.

Crisis Core FF VII: Really repeatitive, but good if you're a fan of the series.

Metal Slug Anthology: Collection of some of the best. Arcade games. Ever. Actually any of the collections or anthologies are pretty good and usually cheap.

R-Type Command: Im a huge fan of the R-Type series and strategy games, so this is a good title in my opinion.

GTA Chinatown Wars: People hate on this game, but I dig the old school top-down GTA style.

Some recommendations for PSP:

* Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (just bought it myself, and is a lot of fun so far)

* LocoRoco

* Patapon

* FFVII: Crisis Core

* Silent Hill: Origins (scary even on portable. no small feat!)

* Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

* Daxter

* God of War: Chains of Olympus

In that case, let me recommend my current library of Xbox 360 games that I own:

- Rockband 2

- Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing

- The Orange Box

- Sonic Unleashed

- [Prototype]

- Left 4 Dead 2

- Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

- Halo 3

- Halo 3 ODST

- Borderlands

- Bioshock 1 and 2

- Mass Effect 1 and 2

Are you interested in arcade games as well?

In that case, let me recommend my current library of Xbox 360 games that I own:

- Rockband 2

- Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing

- The Orange Box

- Sonic Unleashed

- [Prototype]

- Left 4 Dead 2

- Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

- Halo 3

- Halo 3 ODST

- Borderlands

- Bioshock 1 and 2

- Mass Effect 1 and 2

Are you interested in arcade games as well?

Solid list.

And yes, definitely.

Thanks again guys.

Borderlands on my 360 is the funnest I have ever had with a FPS and it has lots and lots of replay.

Not sure what you already own or if you're more asking for XBLA recommendations but... Mass Effect 1 and 2 obviously.

This. I've just started working on my second playthrough of both borderlands and ME2. COD: MW2 has gotten the most total play time from me though.

In that case, my favorite arcade purchases include:

- Castlevania SOTN (but you already know about that game)

- Marble Blast Ultra

- Bionic Commando Rearmed

- Mega Man 9 and 10 (booyah!)

- Geometry Wars (I've only played the first, but I'm sure the second one is killer)

- Pacman: Champion Edition

- Uno (or Uno Rush)

- Bubble Bobble Neo

- Banjo Kazooie (if you've never played it or love it to death)

- Banjo Tooie (^ditto)

- Shadow Complex

- Space Invaders Extreme

- Marvel vs Capcom 2

- Castle Crashers