No More Heroes the movie (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)

The Derrit

Ubisoft have employed Paul Robertson, the man who created

, to lead the art design/animation of the game that will come of this movie.

Damn I should make this a separate thread because IT'S JUST SO FUCKING COOL.

I was pretty excited about the movie when I read the novels a few weeks ago... now, after reviewing old and new trailers, and hearing some lines they ALREADY changed from the book, I'm holding on to a little skepticism. It still looks great, and don't get me wrong, I plan on seeing it in a theater (something I rarely do these days) but I thought the last airbender couldn't be screwed up too.

The only thing that's got me off is that Mike Cera looks so different than Scott Pilgrim.

It's like casting say, Richard Gere as Travis Touchdown in a way.

honestly this is only miff with me.

I absolutely can't stand Michael Cera and he doesn't really resemble scott at all, but hey, we'll see.

I was excited thinking there was a No More Heroes live action movie being made. Now my hopes are crushed...

The comics are great. I just hope I can get past the fact that Michael Cera is Scott Pilgrim. The guy's character never changes and for me has one of the most annoying voices out there.

If the movie captures the same vibes I get from the books then its a win for me.

the no clue gauge sounded a lot like sonic.

As in Sonic Team have "no clue" how to make a decent Sonic game? :<

I've had three people recommend the novels to me now, and after reading a couple of previews pages online, I feel I've got to check this series out. *goes to buy now*

I'm with Bleck on this one. Which would you rather have, someone who somehow manages to look completely like a fictional, 2D, hand-drawn, comic character...

...or someone who at very least would put asses in seats and could have a moderately skilled comedic delivery. I'm not exactly a die-hard Cera fan-boy, but I can at least acknowledge that just because people want to punch him doesn't mean he's wrong for this role. A skinny, white, garage band nerd playing a skinny, white, garage band nerd; what's wrong with the casting again?

Yes it will sound/look like the Cera from Superbad and from Juno, I still chuckled at the scene where he's investigating about Ramona, ('Who is she? Tell me now.') and that was just a trailer.

Also, regardless of how you feel about Cera... every human alive should see this skit:

Between Two Ferns; Zach Galifianakis & Michael Cera

Canada is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone else pick up the 6th comic lately? I think they timed the movie and the last book release perfectly. Haven't read through the whole book yet but I've already laughed out loud on public transit.

Man the books are good. I really wish it wasn't getting so popular with people that annoy me as well. I don't like it when they like the things I like.

So anyone else pick up the 6th comic lately? I think they timed the movie and the last book release perfectly. Haven't read through the whole book yet but I've already laughed out loud on public transit.

Man the books are good. I really wish it wasn't getting so popular with people that annoy me as well. I don't like it when they like the things I like.

i got the book yesterday when my local Borders opened, read half of it in the parking lot, went home and read the rest of it. I absolutely love the Joss Whedon blurb on the back.

Scott Pilgrim is the best book ever. It is the chronicle of our time. With Kung Fu, so yeah. Perfect.

I wholeheartedly agree.

If you guys were thinking of buying the game, I have a promo code (I know it works for the PSN version, not sure of the XBLA one) for a dollar off the price. :) Use the code 10THANKS at checkout. You also get a PS Home shirt for ordering in advance (The game and Home shirt REDEMPTION codes you actually get from buying can't actually be used until August 10th and 13th respectively, but hey it's 1 dollar off the price)

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.202892200