OCR02065 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Ice Cold Retro"

Not gonna lie, this mix is darned funky! I really enjoy it, just like I do all of Morse's stuff. One thing that I'm not sure whether it's good or bad but I have to say it - I kinda forgot halfway through that I was listening to an Ice Cap ReMix. I don't know if that means it's too drastically different from the source, or if that means your reinterpretation of it is so good that it doesn't matter. At any rate, it's still an excellent song!

YES. This track is HOT. The bassline kills me, and you have a masterful sense of putting every little beat in just the right place to jam. You're better than ever and each of these just leaves me craving more. Honestly these extended jam tracks you've done like this and Bumpin' are some of my favorites of the site.

Fascinating... Too many years ago the original blew me off my socks and made me wonder if there were such people who remixed this stuff, only to discover when I finally had internet access that this tune was the most remixed / hated of them all... But this, this is magic. The retro in the title isn't a lame joke, it's real and it's absolutely stunning. Made of win, awesomess and with epic sprinkled on top :nicework:

Now I am wondering, though, when we'll get an Ice Cap mix a la The Baseballs. That would be pure awesomeness...

Really tasteful take on this source, solid production, funky groove, and sounds appropeiately like Micheal Jackson in some places. In other words, awesome :D

Pretty accurately sums it up. It's far different enough to be funky fresh, even though there are times where I definitely feel like connection to source might be stretching, but considering the style, that's entirely appropriate. Shows how far one can go with Ice Cap while still keeping it Ice Cap, if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely nailed the 80's sound. The very beginning with the ultra-in-your-face synth (0:00-0:15) is kinda grating IMO, but once there's more going on, this particular synth isn't as disruptive, though it still rubs me the wrong way.

Other than that, pretty awesome arrangement. Nice breakdown starting around 1:30; same goes for the solo around 2:30. Actually, all the breakdowns and solos are frigging sweet.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a funky song and the fact that the source material is mellow and open, makes for an interesting mix :D The chords or note groups or whatever you call them :D that start the song and go throughout are a little bit discordant. Maybe that is just the genre, I don't think I have listened to this genre before. :D

Anyway I do like it.

• 10 months later...

Oh, yeah! Now this is funky and amazing fitting for the "retro" part of the title. The very beginning intro is a bit...esh, but after that it becomes a groovy ride that you hate to see stop. The breakdown in the middle was just too sweet and this is probably the most different version of this theme that I've ever heard. Always a good thing when you can take an arguably over mixed tune and bring something new to the table.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02065 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Ice Cold Retro"