SimCity - "You're fired, Mr. DJ"

It's an 8 second source?! Oh my.

It's got a nice smooth feel to it right off, which is a sort of mellow groove that I could get into, but as a whole the piece ends up way to static for me. I get bored with it in the first minute.

The first synth at 1:23 is a welcome change, but it doesn't do anything for the other patterns being played over and over again.

The drum solo on it's own isn't a bad change of pace, I like it.

Hope that helps.

You found a tune that you liked and then made a good remix out of it. That is what I like. The source IS good. Nice short piece that almost nobody pays attention to. It's good you helped that short piece to reach the ears of listeners more effectively.

You made an Electronic/House song. It really feels like a summer sunshine song or at least something pieceful with good hope for the (near) future.

I always rate songs by checking if I would listen to them in my daily free time. I'm not sure here. But I think I do really find this song good. Maybe you should cosider something most people are afraid of: Make the song much shorter. Or make the main passages (I heard at least 3 main parts connected) more characteristic. I don't know how.

Interesting work.

• 2 weeks later...

Groovy. :D

Bass is cool, but too loud for the final mixdown. The chords synth/epiano is a little thin (try running it through an amp simulator for some added phat). The sustained thingy around 3:55 and on is a bit too detuned to sound good, also clashes around 4:40 with the monoglide lead, again around 5:17 with the chords. Could just be the detuning, not sure.

Interpretation-wise, it's a bit too conservative for ocr; it's an original track over and under a loop of the original. While it's a cool track, I think you need to draw some more material from the source and/or find a second source to draw from. The bass melody in the original might lend itself to some new melodies to use here. Also, don't feel you can't change the chords or their rhythm (changing both might take it too far tho).