Anyone ever hear of Flying Dragon?

No Escape

I'm trying to see if anyone wants to cover some songs from this very underrated (mostly due to production quality) soundtrack. I see a ton of potential in a lot of these songs to make a great album, but I need people that want to cover it. All the links are here so definitely let me know if anyone wants in (I've also rated how I think they sound). I will personally be covering a few tracks, but why not make it an album if we can?

*EDIT*- I have since posted a recruitment thread in the correct place.

CLICK ME FOR THAT THREAD AND JOIN THE FIGHT

Ryuhi's Theme (upbeat, good fight track) -currently claimed by Brandon Strader

Wiler's Theme (melodic, would make for good jazz,salsa, or techno track)

Powers Theme (great song buildup, great hook at 0:58, potential for epic rock, techno, etc)

Min Min's Theme (very catchy, great for melodic rock, trance, short source material)

Virtual Ryuhi"s Theme (extreme potential for rock, epic, symphonic rock)

Gengai's Theme (needs help, excellent choice for symphonic cover, short source material)

Hayato's Theme (very complex, lots of instrumentation, weak leads, good flow in general, great for various styles)

Shouryu's Theme (upbeat, weird sounding in general, needs vision to cover)

Robo No Hana's Theme (very...oriental, drumming potential, not fight oriented)

Ryumao's Theme (very dark and minor, good villain track)

Yuka's Theme (oriental, could suit various styles, probably good jazz cover)

Suzaku's Theme (upbeat, melodic, good villain theme, potential for rock cover, decent drums) - currently claimed by No Escape

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking up songs from this game the other day! It's one of those underrated fighting games for sure. Wiler was my favorite character, so his theme is naturally my favorite too. It'd be awesome to hear a remix from this game.

Nice... Wiler was my main until I discovered Powers was broken. Still, Wiler is the most fun character to play as (maybe Ryuhi?). His theme is sick, but I'll need someone with skill to cover it (some of the leads are pretty fast). My whole goal is to give this soundtrack a HUGE production boost (which isn't hard, half the tracks sound like they were recorded on a radioshack keyboard). I would also love to do some "rival battle" themes (which would be originals) like Guilty Gear, but that would have to be cleared by some admins when I get permission to start the project. Keep it up guys; more posts means more interest; more interest means more remixers; more remixers means more ALBUM!

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, don't mean to burst your bubble. :-(

First off, this forum is for remix requests, not project recruitment. o_o

Rival battle themes being originals would not pass. This isn't a community of making originals. It's not OC OriGinal.

It's not a matter of getting 'permission' to start the project at OCR anymore. You start your project without OCR's support, and then if it's good in the end, they might release it. Things have changed around here. People can't just start a project for a game, whether it is obscure or not, and have discussion about it. A lot of projects are taking their recruitment and discussion to other communities. I never liked most of the decisions they made concerning projects, especially since it practically kicks all of them out of this community. What's to stop them from recruiting and releasing at a completely different site? But that didn't seem to be a concern when they made the new rules. :-)

Plus, they would more-than-likely approve projects that existed earlier first. This one just started, but there are projects starting as early as January -- like Final Fantasy 1 -- that don't have official approval. They said that approval is based on which projects are released. No projects have come out since DKC2. The new rules came out shortly before this I think, and the DKC3 project was approved almost instantly for obvious reasons. So prepare for the long-long haul. :-)

tl;dr recruit for your project now if you're serious about doing it, post a thread in the recruitment forum, and prepare an off-site thread somewhere for project discussion.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! In my convo with Darkesword, I was told I needed 5 heads before I could even post in the thread.:???: If I can post there, it would be great. I feel rather ghetto recruiting in a request forum. Dude, can you PM me some info on where else to recruit?

As suggested by Brandon, first try posting a recruitment thread here.

Read the guidelines and look at how others present their projects in the OP post, then try to come up with something similar for your own project.

Also, to save you a lot of time and hassle: this will be a recruitment thread, not a project thread.

Meaning no disscussion about wip, specifics, who do what and what color is the sky today... uh, oh wait, probably not that last one.

But anyway, you got the idea and you know how to proceed if you want to make it official. Hope this helped. Good luck. ;)

As suggested by Brandon, first try posting a recruitment thread here.

Read the guidelines and look at how others present their projects in the OP post, then try to come up with something similar for your own project.

Also, to save you a lot of time and hassle: this will be a recruitment thread, not a project thread.

Meaning no disscussion about wip, specifics, who do what and what color is the sky today... uh, oh wait, probably not that last one.

But anyway, you got the idea and you know how to proceed if you want to make it official. Hope this helped. Good luck. ;)

Now I get it. Thanks for helping out guys. I have posted a recruitment thread, which I have linked below and in my first post. :smile:

JOIN THE FLYING DRAGON BRIGADE! CLICK ME FOR THE RECRUITMENT THREAD!

• 2 years later...