YATTAAAAA! Tales of Vesperia IS coming to PS3 in the US!

Fucking knew it! :lmassoff:

The PlayStation 3 version of the game features full voice acting which is almost double the size of the script in the original 360 version. The game also features various new characters such as Flynn as a fully customizable, permanent playable character as well as Patty Fleur, a young girl with blond hair, who is an entirely new playable character. The game also features several unplayable characters from Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike which the game ties-in with. In addition, Repede, Flynn and Patty are selectable as on-screen avatars with new mini-games such as a racing mini-game for Repede, new subplots, skits and main game quests as well as side quests. The game also has new songs added to the game's soundtrack together with remodeled towns and new towns and dungeons. The game also includes new bosses such as the Sword Dancer from previous Tales games, Don Whitehorse and Clint/Tison/Nan, players are also able to replay boss fights at Nam Cobanda Isle which is a play on words with the companies name (NAMCOBANDAI.)

Interesting to say the least.

I must say I'm with Darkesword on this one. I loved it on the 360 and it's a shame all this is being placed together just to sell more of it.. I don't own a PS3 though.. and not even Disgaea 3 justified me buying one.. It's a real shame as I enjoyed Vesperia on the 360.. and though the extra voice acting isn't something I absolutely can't do without.. the extras are mighty tempting...

Wow. It sounds like XBOX owners got totally played. Do you think that was their plan from the start? Like, they decided to make this huge RPG and then thought, "before we put in all these exhaustive things that the hardcore audience will love, let's release a bare-bones version on XBOX since XBOX owners aren't huge Tales fans anyway." Do you think it was something like that?

I have to be happy none-the-less that I'll finally get to play it. I've only played one Tales game through to completion. Looking forward to doing it again.

Wow. It sounds like XBOX owners got totally played. Do you think that was their plan from the start? Like, they decided to make this huge RPG and then thought, "before we put in all these exhaustive things that the hardcore audience will love, let's release a bare-bones version on XBOX since XBOX owners aren't huge Tales fans anyway." Do you think it was something like that?

I have to be happy none-the-less that I'll finally get to play it. I've only played one Tales game through to completion. Looking forward to doing it again.

That is essentially how Namco Bandai operates. MS paid them for an exclusivity period for ToV and then they went and released the game for PS3 with more things added in. Microsoft essentially subsidized the development of the PS3 version.

This was a pretty big deal when it came out in Japan a while ago.

I'm going to guess that Microsoft might've paid for some support via the timed exclusivity. They wanted to get more popular in Japan and that was a relatively easy way to do so, and bolsters their RPG library.

I bet I'm going to be a sucker and buy the PS3 version sometime down the road. I loved the game, although the final boss fight is ridiculous :-( .

Son of a bitch. Does this mean they plan to localize Graces as well? Son. Of. A. Bitch.

That said, Vesperia was high-quality and had loads of content, even on the 360. The PS3's extras are all awesome (like newcomer Patty and Flynn being a permanent party member), but it probably won't make the game feel any more "complete". The game already felt pretty danged complete before.

It seems like Sony is getting better and better at doing this to exclusive titles, which by the way; doesn't bother me in the least.

Congratulations, PS3 bitches.

It isn't so much Sony's doing as it's what Darkesword already mentioned. They had Microsoft subsidize the development costs through a timed exclusivity deal, and delivered what was essentially an incomplete game. They pulled the same shtick with Eternal Sonata as well.

Of course one could argue that the devs had a schedule to stick to and had to leave out a lot of stuff(there's plenty of proof that they did just that all over), but in an era of internet-enabled consoles and DLC, it's pretty stupid that they wouldn't have the foresight to at least throw the 360 owners a bone and offer the additional content as an add-on somewhere down the line. I sure wouldn't have a problem with forking over another 10, 15, or 20 bucks for that. That only makes smart business sense and would do a lot for consumer goodwill, of course if Tales Studio was known for its good business acumen, then they probably wouldn't be near oblivion right now.

delivered what was essentially an incomplete game.

this is stupid

in the context of the story it makes sense for flynn to not be a playable character and to say that the entirety of the 360 version is incomplete because it didn't have moe pirate girl is fucking retarded

this is stupid

in the context of the story it makes sense for flynn to not be a playable character and to say that the entirety of the 360 version is incomplete because it didn't have moe pirate girl is fucking retarded

No, the game was planned at the start to have these playable characters.

Look at comparison screens; the game's interface and certain areas of the game are designed around a certain number of party characters. They cut the playability of these characters out and edited parts of the game to make things look good enough.

Tales of Vesperia for 360 is a very good game, but Namco Bandai did cut planned content from the game to deliver it earlier to Microsoft's console, because MS paid them for the timed exclusivity. It's not really a matter of "I don't think that it was incomplete, because it felt complete enough to me and I don't need the extra characters;" cutting content is precisely what Namco Bandai did, and it's not the only game they've done it with.

I'm hoping this is true. I just bought a PS3 back in May. The only disappointing thing (literally the ONLY disappointing thing compared to the 360) about it was that it didn't have this game. Now it [probably] does, and I'm happy.

It isn't so much Sony's doing as it's what Darkesword already mentioned. They had Microsoft subsidize the development costs through a timed exclusivity deal, and delivered what was essentially an incomplete game. They pulled the same shtick with Eternal Sonata as well.

Of course one could argue that the devs had a schedule to stick to and had to leave out a lot of stuff(there's plenty of proof that they did just that all over), but in an era of internet-enabled consoles and DLC, it's pretty stupid that they wouldn't have the foresight to at least throw the 360 owners a bone and offer the additional content as an add-on somewhere down the line. I sure wouldn't have a problem with forking over another 10, 15, or 20 bucks for that. That only makes smart business sense and would do a lot for consumer goodwill, of course if Tales Studio was known for its good business acumen, then they probably wouldn't be near oblivion right now.

I'm sure you are much more informed on all the details than I am. It just seems like it happens a lot.

It happened with Ninja Gaiden Sigma I and II. To be honest, that doesn't bother me either except for that they made Sigma I so damn much easier than Ninja Gaiden Black. They should have made it just as hard so everyone else would have to suffer as I had to suffer. It bothered me that they dulled the difficulty down so much when I played through it on my friends PS3.

Mind you, it was still really fun and I still think it's great that the PS3 crowed gets to have the Ninja Gaiden experience and all.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that PS3 owners get to play through the game. It's a great game and if I had a PS3, I'd totally be on board. It just feels out of place for this kind of thing to happen anymore with the current generation of hardware. The days of stuff like Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac whateverthefuck edition should be long gone by now. This is what DLC as a concept was conceived for.

I AM the dude who bought Super Street Fighter IV a year after vanilla, and I'm planning on grabbing Continuum Shift a year after Calamity Trigger though, so take that as you will...