YATTAAAAA! Tales of Vesperia IS coming to PS3 in the US!

How much cheaper? :P The ten bucks in shipping? lol

Europeans often get shafted harder than prostitutes when it comes to games in general. Let's just say they should hope for a euro-release.

That said...

In regards to Blazblue: Continuum Shift:

A Limited Edition is to be released in Japan which includes a petite Nendoroid of Noel, a mini-script replica of the story, a visual book and a super picture label. European publishers Zen United have confirmed in an interview with Neo Empire that Europe will be getting a Limited Edition version of Continuum Shift, however in the US, American publisher Aksys decided to not release a Limited Edition of the game due to time constraints and production lead times.

:whatevaa:

How much cheaper? :P The ten bucks in shipping? lol

Yep. Besides, I usually find that I get stuff cheaper from the UK anyways and whatever I order gets here sooner, so it's more just for convenience really.

Europeans often get shafted harder than prostitutes when it comes to games in general.

Uh huh... And we Aussies get shafted harder than our European counterparts. We're more or less like a gaming ghetto. :<

Yep. Besides, I usually find that I get stuff cheaper from the UK anyways and whatever I order gets here sooner, so it's more just for convenience really.

Uh huh... And we Aussies get shafted harder than our European counterparts. We're more or less like a gaming ghetto. :<

Well, in Norway new games in general cost around 100 bucks.

From good UK stores the price is around 67 bucks (40 pounds), often with free shipping.

From ebay stores in the US the price is around 70 bucks included shipping from personal experience.. so I don't see much point.

Well, in Norway new games in general cost around 100 bucks.

From good UK stores the price is around 67 bucks (40 pounds), often with free shipping.

From ebay stores in the US the price is around 70 bucks included shipping from personal experience.. so I don't see much point.

Fair enough. Like I said before, it's just a convenience thing, if worst comes to worst, I'll just order a US copy.

... This is by far one of the most interesting conversations I've have on this site, kudos to you! :tomatoface:

Yeah. That Norway thing kinda blew my mind. 100 bucks?! Most new games in Japan start between 60 or 70. FF13 was over 100 though. But I pre-ordered an American copy for like 40.

I also agree with the people who said that MS should release the Tales of Vesperia extras as add-ons. Even though I totally support PS3 in the battle of the consoles, it's just not fair to XBOX users.

Yeah. That Norway thing kinda blew my mind. 100 bucks?! Most new games in Japan start between 60 or 70. FF13 was over 100 though. But I pre-ordered an American copy for like 40.

I also agree with the people who said that MS should release the Tales of Vesperia extras as add-ons. Even though I totally support PS3 in the battle of the consoles, it's just not fair to XBOX users.

Indeed, with the extra costumes, Flynn and Patty as playable characters, and a bunch of skits + some scenes etc. how big would the down-loadable file be? 7-800mb tops?

No, Namco are not getting my money this time. They took WAAAAAAY too long to just announce that they had no plans to bring it to the US and then after a ridiculously long time now they saying they are?

And here in Europe we've been shafted when it comes to Tales games over and over again. I'm just not bothering any more.

With ebay and various other sources to easily import from, I don't see the point in a European release.. especially since PS3 is region free.

For HDTV users, yes. Some of us are too poor to make that jump yet. SDTV users are out of luck.

No, Namco are not getting my money this time. They took WAAAAAAY too long to just announce that they had no plans to bring it to the US and then after a ridiculously long time now they saying they are?

And here in Europe we've been shafted when it comes to Tales games over and over again. I'm just not bothering any more.

For HDTV users, yes. Some of us are too poor to make that jump yet. SDTV users are out of luck.

SDTV users are out of luck? How so? Doesn't matter what TV you have, plug in the PS3 into any TV and play any game from any part of the world. No difference.

SDTV users are out of luck? How so? Doesn't matter what TV you have, plug in the PS3 into any TV and play any game from any part of the world. No difference.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/07/ps3-is-region-free-but-theres-a-hi-def-catch/

EDIT: Sorry, should have mentioned I meant PAL region too.

shwaltz do you have any import games that you've tried

just out of curiosity

I have a friend who does but since he has a US bought PS3 I assume they work just fine; he never said he had problems.

Case in point, when he heard about Yakuza 3 being "butchered" (I say that rather loosely) for the US he decided to go for the Japanese Ver.

Edit* on a different note, despite not having any interest in multiplayer Gollgagh, you should at least give SSFIV or some of the other games a chance online. At least you're not paying a silly subscription for online connectivity and gameplay. :lol:

Why hate on Sony? Don't try to play NTSC games on a PAL TV, it's not going to work.

Well, again I don't think that's the case.. must be a very low percentage rate. Because I have a PAL TV in Norway that runs any game on the PS3 (PAL, NTSC US and NTSC JAP). It's not even SDTV, it's the most standard TV you can get. And now I'm in China, used this old crappy TV for a long time, worked fine, then I bought a HDTV.

I guess the only ones that notice this problem are people with SDTV's of certain types.