Dave Wise - Fear Factory (Dirtydelay Remix)

Hi everyones !

I have made a Progressive House remix of my favourite track in Donkey Kong Country. Yeah i'm talking about Fear Factory.

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/88855628/file.html

I wondering what the Oc Remix community think about my work. I Producing music with Fl Studio since 3 year ago.

Have a good listen and sorry for my bad english. = )

I'm getting down to the groove, here - very catchy and well produced. It wouldn't get accepted on OCR for technical reasons (too large of a file & bitrate - 8.0 mbs & 192kbps is the limit, respectively, and 96kbps is the bare minimum).

There's one thing that bugs me throughout - that saw wave just doesn't work for me. It's a nice sound, but it doesn't fit all of the other cool things you're doing in there with the instruments and such. I'd highly recommend changing it to something with a little less bite, there.

I'm surprised that you keep my attention very well throughout the track, considering it's a whoppin' 10 minutes long. It does wear on a little bit, though, so it might be a good idea to get it down about 2 minutes (~5:00-6:30 sounds a bit repetitious unintentionally, there). Towards the end (7:50-ish) you really shouldn't be repeating the source anymore note for note, harmony for harmony. My suggestion there is to simply change the harmonic patterns underneath the melody, since it really does transition nicely into the next part. Perhaps a static harmony (one that doesn't change throughout the thene)? It's a thought.

It's quite good, though - thanks for sharing :-o. Always nice to be reminded that there are decent artists outside of the OCR community :<. Oh, and welcome to OCR!

I must say I really dig this remix. I agree that the saw wave was a little harsh but if it was changed up a bit to take some of the bite off of it it would fit in with the rest of the song amazingly. It's a shame that the size restrictions require the song to be edited, because the ten minute mix was good.

Well, everyone already got on you for the synth problems, so I'll add some positive feedback. The other synths sound great. I would add a little more life to the snare. you could probably just raise the volume on it. This isn't really my genre, but I definitely was diggin the overall feel throughout the song. Nice

The bass instrument could use a few dBs less lows, and many of the synths sound a little too raw. A subtle chorus on the strings/brass synth lead might liven it up a bit, while other thin tracks could benefit from a soft delay. That's if you're not familiar with the synths you're using and can just go and give them more life from inside their own mod matrixes. 4:30 fill instrument is too loud. The stings/brass lead has a bit too slow of an attack to cut through the faster arp-y backing. Repetition is a problem but also a convention with the genre, so Gario suggestion of cutting down a couple of minutes from the most repetitive parts.

On to the positives, the bass sound and writing is cool and the beat is badass. I like the simple square-ish arp-y thing, both the sound and its writing (tho the latter could be a little more varied). Positives list is shorter, but not less significant. This is a cool track, just doesn't sound finished yet.

Keep it up. :D