First Video Game You Remember Playing

DMaster

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. I remember specifically Duck Hunt was more fun but, technically, I chose to play Mario first. I was home sick from school with chickenpox, and my Nana bought me my first video game console. We only had one TV that I could use it on since I was primarily confined to my parents bedroom. I remember calling her up and thanking her over and over again for it. And thus began that slow downward spiral to the magnificent man I am today :nicework:

I don't remember the name of it, but there was some sort of really cheesy Dos-based jeopardy matching game that I played when I was 4, on an old IBM. It didn't even really have graphics, just lines and words, but I loved it.

First game whose name I can remember was another Dos-based game, Magic Carpet. Still love that game - something about flying around throwing meteors at wyverns and dropping volcanoes upon the heads of the unwary townsfolk just makes my day.

I think my first was Pong. I was probably 4 or so at the time. Then we got our first NES when I was... 5 or 6. I got so pissed playing Super Mario Brothers. Wanna know a cruel way to torture a 7 year old kid? Give him Zelda 2 for his birthday. That was the first game I ever owned.

The original Super Mario Bros. in like 1991 or 1992 or something.

My tech-savvy uncle found a NES at a garage sale somewhere and bought it cheap along with game (which was the Mario/Duck Hunt combo cartridge). So I have memories of him showing me and my sister how to play, and then I played at some point.