What's the biggest crowd you attracted while playing a video game in Single Player?

Mr Azar

Ooh, I thought I didn't have a solid answer for this but I do.

It was either:

Super Mario Bros 2 on NES, when I was about 6 years old, about 20 people, and because it was a special pay-to-play attraction in one of the portables in my school that day.

OR

DDR 7th mix in arcade, when I was about 18, about 20 people, and during the solo portion of a small DDR competition.

A school assembly/party my junior year of high school. The game was Super Smash Bros. Melee. My brother and I challenged any other two people there to a two on two match and we showed off a massive 10lb bag of assorted candy that would go to anyone who could win us.

3 lives stock, 2:30 time limit, no items, best of 3 matches. I wouldn't really have a way of knowing how many people gathered to watch the mayhem but it was a lot.

We didn't ever lose. Hearts were broken and tears were shed. Good thing I didn't go to high school in a big city or I'm sure I'd have gotten crushed.

Mega man 2 for NES. It was at a smaller event, but everyone else went to eat at first, but I was going to eat later, so I sat down by one of the game consoles and started playing Mega man 2, to see if I could still beat it fast. After a while, people draw nearer and ate while watching me play, and ended up being maybe 20 people watching me beat it in about 45 minutes.

FIVE WHOLE PEOPLE, playing Space Harrier, sit-down version. At a bowling alley. Back in the early 90's.

Two-player: Street Fighter Alpha, high school band trip, Canada. Trumpet players tend to have huge egos, but I repped low brass and shut everyone out - not that any of us were half-decent. Had a crowd of 15 or so.

I think the key word here is "attracted" - to me, that rules out getting up on stage, etc., in that it has to be organic & create its own audience, not involve an existing one...

One word: Drumscape. Technically, it was in an arcade and had a video screen, so I'm counting it as a video game. Ocean City, Maryland, and I was so terrible that 30-40 people crowded around the booth just to see the kid who couldn't keep a beat.

Oh, and that time where I beat Starfighter and successfully defended The Frontier from Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada...

Please say someone gets the reference

halo 2, in the campus center at school. we played a continuous match for six hours, three people total (third seat was rotated, the other two stayed the whole time). i finished with over a thousand kills, close to three thousand points. br start, random secondary weapon, no weapons on map, bonus points on, no score or time limit.

got about sixty people in a group, closer to two hundred over the course of the game.

we had to stop when they did last call for meals, though - we were hungry after all that.

halo 2, in the campus center at school. we played a continuous match for six hours, three people total (third seat was rotated, the other two stayed the whole time). i finished with over a thousand kills, close to three thousand points. br start, random secondary weapon, no weapons on map, bonus points on, no score or time limit.

got about sixty people in a group, closer to two hundred over the course of the game.

we had to stop when they did last call for meals, though - we were hungry after all that.

I think the OP said single player :P

I think I've probably gotten at most 1-3 little kids to watch me when I play demo games at game stop. :P

Oh, and that time where I beat Starfighter and successfully defended The Frontier from Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada..e

I want a Zur scepter so at con panels Lord Kril can say: "It takes more than a scepter to rule... even on OverClocked ReMix!"... then I can press a button and this badass spike will come out of the top of the scepter and everyone will shut it.

Yeah.