CALL FOR MUSICIANS - Songs for the Cure '11

Songs for the Cure is looking for musicians for its third-annual compilation series.

I'm looking for REMIXERS -and- ORIGINALS, but you can find all the details on the website for submissions here:

>> http://www.jwmusic.org/sfc11-artists/

>> Apply Here

To clarify some of the information here, the DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION/AUDITION is OCTOBER 3, but your music doesn't have to be finished until FEBRUARY.

Any and all are welcome to apply, so please do! In the past we've had these OCRemixers participate:

- Big Giant Circles

- The Prophet of Mephisto (Brad. Burr)

- Mustin

- FFMusicDJ

Thanks, y'all!

- Josh Whelchel

Would you accept a song

? Or a bad? Orchestra-backed acoustic pop? Metal? Rap? Surely there's some restriction on the genre, or the language content, such as profanity. I'm just asking, I wasn't planning on using profanity or making rap. It's something people should know before starting if there's some kind of limitation on F-bomb racist gangster rap and such.

Would you accept a song
? Or a bad? Orchestra-backed acoustic pop? Metal? Rap? Surely there's some restriction on the genre, or the language content, such as profanity. I'm just asking, I wasn't planning on using profanity or making rap. It's something people should know before starting if there's some kind of limitation on F-bomb racist gangster rap and such.

I'm not sure if it's entirely clear, so I'll clear it up here - I'm not looking for submissions of original material until AFTER you've been accepted on the project. This should dodge the issues you've mentioned.

But for the record, it's a PG album, and we're not interested in hardcore-rap, but pop/rap/r&b is certainly open to be included.

I'm not sure if it's entirely clear, so I'll clear it up here - I'm not looking for submissions of original material until AFTER you've been accepted on the project. This should dodge the issues you've mentioned.

But for the record, it's a PG album, and we're not interested in hardcore-rap, but pop/rap/r&b is certainly open to be included.

Ah ok, thanks.

Or a bad?

What the hell was I saying? I don't even know. Ballad maybe? I gotta start paying more attention to what I'm typing.

until AFTER you've been accepted

And to be accepted, one would just need the demo, the bio, and the photo? Are you thinking I won't be accepted? I could try to photoshop the photo heavily to get it up to your standards of quality (and to remove the hideousness as much as possible), and a decent bio could be written. :-D

I don't want to wait until September / February. :-(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...