Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge

Dunther

So...I picked it just a few hours before its release date because by doing that I got a free copy of SoMI:SE, wich I didn't need (got one just when it came out), but I gave it as a present for a friend of mine that coincidentally had birthday on the same day :D .

Anyway, I was pleased with the first remake, and this one is pretty much the same stuff, with better graphics and music (they used live instruments without sacrificing iMUSE), more extras, and most important of all, a bigger and better game to start with.

Someone got it too?

Thanks for posting about this! Yes, the game has been VERY well received so far by just about every reviewer. It was a real pleasure working on the soundtrack to it, along with fellow OC ReMixer bustatunez (Will Roget, II), Jeff Ball and Dan Reynolds, two other OCR community members.

If you're at all a fan of the original MI2, you gotta check the special edition out.

Thanks for posting about this! Yes, the game has been VERY well received so far by just about every reviewer. It was a real pleasure working on the soundtrack to it, along with fellow OC ReMixer bustatunez (Will Roget, II), Jeff Ball and Dan Reynolds, two other OCR community members.

If you're at all a fan of the original MI2, you gotta check the special edition out.

Is there an upcoming OCR article where you spill the beans on this? We need details!

:o

I'll probably get this soon... some day. I know I want it, but, I never finished the first monkey island remake (the game felt a bit dated, even though it was re-made), and I still want to play Tales of monkey island (the new one by telltale games).

Not to mention the trillion other games I have yet to play. :(

Still waiting for the RadioFreeGamer podcast to be posted as mp3... though it would be more convenient to get the skinny in writing. To that end, it's a shame there isn't anything immediately googleable about the soundtrack. At least, there isn't anything I've been able to find.

Were any ocr folk involved in the soundtrack of the first remake? There's, again, a dearth of information out there. Edit: from an old thread here I see bustanunez did some flute work for the first remake, so that answers that (though it would still be nice to know a little more about it).

:

I never finished the first monkey island remake (the game felt a bit dated, even though it was re-made), and I still want to play Tales of monkey island (the new one by telltale games).

Not to mention the trillion other games I have yet to play. :(

Well the first Monkey Island (either original or remake) can be done in an afternoon...

I really have almost no interest in the Tales series, but the main problem it's that my PC can't handle them '^^

The soundtrack was split among five people; myself, Dan, Jeff, Will and Jesse. From day one we had assignments as to who would be arranging what track. It was more or less groupings of tracks per person. So, for example, I did basically all of Dinky Island's music, as well as some of Phatt. Dan and Jeff also worked on Phatt, with Dan taking Booty Island, Jeff/Will on Scabb and Jeff on Fortress.

Jesse and Will looked for additional composers for MI2SE because it has WAY more music than the first game - we're talking at least 4x more, especially if you count all the subtracks (interactive audio.) It wasn't through any kind of open call or job listing - we (the non-inhouse composers) were approached by them.