Sunset Riders - Bleeding Guns

DjMystix

Wow, this is pretty cool. Me likes!

The drums and guitar are pretty loud. I would tone them down just a tiny bit.

Maybe add a few little things in the intro. 40 seconds is too long to just repeat the same loop verbatim. Try to make it slowly build up to the guitar. This would also give you more texture and "meat" to the song once the guitar actually starts. It feels a little sparse.

I'm loving the ideas you have! This sounds pretty cool and I could totally picture this being the title song in a remake of Sunset Riders!

Maybe after the melody plays once, have it go again but have a really thick bass come in and complement the melody and throw some strings underneath for more texture.

Please finish this!

Wow, this is pretty cool. Me likes!

The drums and guitar are pretty loud. I would tone them down just a tiny bit.

Maybe add a few little things in the intro. 40 seconds is too long to just repeat the same loop verbatim. Try to make it slowly build up to the guitar. This would also give you more texture and "meat" to the song once the guitar actually starts. It feels a little sparse.

I'm loving the ideas you have! This sounds pretty cool and I could totally picture this being the title song in a remake of Sunset Riders!

Maybe after the melody plays once, have it go again but have a really thick bass come in and complement the melody and throw some strings underneath for more texture.

Please finish this!

Thank you for the super quick response. This is a very very rough build that i came up with in just a couple of hours and i was about to give up on the idea. I totally agree with all the issues you pointed out. I also thought the track is missing some heavy low tone instruments but needed a second opinion. Also, i will do someing about the intro as well.

Appreciate the feedback. Expect a near finished build in a few days. ;)

Balance on this is pretty good. Might tone down the bass drum a little bit, but only a smidge.

Short. Bit to do with structure, but that's also a length issue and yer werkn on that, so :-P

I don't really come up with anything that jumps out at me as far as 'change this' It's a nice full sound, well done.

Balance on this is pretty good. Might tone down the bass drum a little bit, but only a smidge.

Short. Bit to do with structure, but that's also a length issue and yer werkn on that, so :-P

I don't really come up with anything that jumps out at me as far as 'change this' It's a nice full sound, well done.

A slight update of the demo:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3443029/SunsetRiders.mp3

Thanks! Don't worry about the length; I'm just figuring out a good transitioning of the following tracks:

The Rosy Setting Sun

Mountain

Draw Your gun

Face With Courage

Another update:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3443029/My%20Remixes/wipSunsetRiders20100713.mp3

I think I can really use some help here. I've listened to this countless times and now immune to a lot of possible problems.

Please have a listen and let me know what needs to be fixed. Is this enjoyable at all? I have a feeling that something is just not right but I can't put my finger on it.

Note that it is not done yet and I still have some 2.5 minutes to go.

Source:

The Rosy Setting Sun

Mountain

That 'something not right' feeling I have all the time with everything I try to do. I think it just comes with the business.

I feel like the guitar you have now sounds great, but it should stand out a little bit more, with the occasional fast-muted strumming pushed back a bit. Just my first thoughts on balance.

The synth 3/4 of the way through kinda gets old on the long notes. I could really see some filter/delay effects helping the sound to sort of 'fall off' mimicking the guitar part. I've been playing with filters and sounds too, so I may be kinda biased on this point.

Nice changes so far, this thing is really coming along. I look forward to the next update.

Hope this helps.

That 'something not right' feeling I have all the time with everything I try to do. I think it just comes with the business.

I feel like the guitar you have now sounds great, but it should stand out a little bit more, with the occasional fast-muted strumming pushed back a bit. Just my first thoughts on balance.

The synth 3/4 of the way through kinda gets old on the long notes. I could really see some filter/delay effects helping the sound to sort of 'fall off' mimicking the guitar part. I've been playing with filters and sounds too, so I may be kinda biased on this point.

Nice changes so far, this thing is really coming along. I look forward to the next update.

Hope this helps.

This is the second time you made me come back to this track ;) I almost lost interest in it. I'm gonna finish what I had in mind and see how it goes.

That "Something not right" feeling? I just didn't have it during my previous "Revenge of Shinobi" mix which is now in the judging queue.

hewhoisiam: Thanks! and thanks again for keeping me on to this track until I finished it.

I'm done with this mix. All this time, I was trying to create an RnB inspired, but original song. As for ending, none of the other tracks made sense so I decided to write something myself. Any feedback is appreciated!.

Sunset Rider - Bleeding Guns:

Finished Version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3443029/My%20Remixes/WIP/SunsetRiders_BleedingGuns.mp3

Youtube:

Sources:

The Rosy Setting Sun

Mountain

Draw Your gun

I'm getting ready to go to bed so I'll just take your word that the source usage checks out here, haha :-P

The samples/instrument sounds are a bit of a mixed bag; it starts off with some weaker harp/strings, which didn't give me very high expectations for the track. It got a lot better from there, thankfully - I can't tell how much of the guitar is sequenced and how much is played live, but the acoustic guitar is extremely cool sounding and I think the electric guitar is passable, but not exceptional. The trumpet sample is a little weaker but still okay, I think. Your synth choices are nice :-)

The arrangement is cool, the way you mixed synth elements and acoustic ones gives a very unique Western-esque feel to this mix, and overall I really like what you've done here. In fact, I'm inclined to say that, despite some slightly weaker samples, that you might have a chance at getting this posted. I'd recommend doing what you can to at least fix up the harp and the strings in the introduction, personally, but you might be able to skate by without doing that.

Commendable work, I'd wait to hear from halc on this before you ship it off to the judges, but I like what I'm hearing here :-)

I'm really liking the way this mix sounds ^^. It definitely fits the bill as sounding western.

I have really no complaints at all except maybe make the ending a bit bigger by adding a string lead along with that trumpet but it's up to you.

I think it will do well as it is. Great work!! =D

EDIT: BTW what sound did you use for the electric lead guitar it sounds very nice (that is if it is a guitar VST it's really hard to tell cause it sounds so real lol)

Many thanks for the lovely feedback!

Emunator: Your objections are spot on as always. Changing string samples is easy but changing harp is going to be a pain since it changes arpeggio patterns a lot and stays in the background for most part. I have to re-apply filters and vst to make a new sample sound fitting. I'll see what I can do about it.

Since you also liked the acoustic guitar work on my previous Revenge of Shinobi mix, I think I'm getting good at it. Still a long way to go. Thanks a lot for the encouragement.

I wrote the ending myself and thought that trumpet sample was good. Not sure what part of it you didn't like (too much delay effect? filters?)

gatesoflife7: It's a sample with fx and filters applied. Don't remember the name as I tend to organize and rename my samples alot. I'll let you know once I find out. I'm not very good at electric/distortion guitar skills. I wish I could grab someone with mad heavy/death metal skills so I can revive one of my tracks (Elemental Master (Genesis) and Jackie Chan Action Kungfu (NES)) that requires it. Thanks for the appreciation.

What a solid mix! Good use of dynamic range. Guitars sounded good. The snare was very iffy... sounded dead. Whistle patch was great. Deadened kick kinda worked. Horns were a little synthetic sounding, but still fit well. The lead and pad combo at 1:15 sounded like it could be blended a little better. The bass sat in the mix so well, it took me a while to notice it. I can't see why this song wouldn't pass. Good job!

gatesoflife7: It's a sample with fx and filters applied. Don't remember the name as I tend to organize and rename my samples alot. I'll let you know once I find out. I'm not very good at electric/distortion guitar skills.

ah well i look forward to it cause i think if i added a little more distortion to it it'd make an awesome metal lead guitar sound.

I wish I could grab someone with mad heavy/death metal skills so I can revive one of my tracks (Elemental Master (Genesis) and Jackie Chan Action Kungfu (NES)) that requires it. Thanks for the appreciation.

I'm very good at heavy/power metal although i don't care much for Death Metal but if you'd like i might be able to give some incite. it's up to you. 8-)

this is sounding pretty solid to me. good arrangement and production, nice synth choices, sampled instruments sound passable imo as well. drum parts were well written, but i felt like they could have used a little more punch, though this might be a personal preference. overall, good balance of sounds and clean production. nice work!

Great! I'd love to partner up with someone who can write the power chords and lead overdrive guitar. I'll definitely seek advise when I work on it. Thanks!

Just realize that I use FL studio and i make my own guitar sounds rather than using real ones (because i don't actually play guitar lol). The sounds i have a decent enough though, and it would be even better if you let me possibly use the one you used for this song.

If I can figure out a way to make it sound a bit heavier it'd be perfect i think ^^.

Edit: if not, however, I've made a VERY good lead guitar sound. in the mid-mid/high ranges it sounds almost EXACTLY like a real guitar only someone with a trained ear could probably notice any real difference.

On the low end and very high end it starts to lose it's touch though =/ but it's the best i have lol