OCR02068 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Mr. Stork! May I Go Home..."

djpretzel

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This mix isn't necessarily a style I'd be into normally, but I like how gentle/fragile it is. You can really see a lot of care and sensitivity taken to the emotional weight of the arrangement, which is impressive, especially given the quality of the samples.

WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic choice, Iggy!! I've been campaigning for someone to remix the credits of Yoshis Island for years!! You have really done a great job. Although there will always be a space in my heart for someone to produce a rendition that more closely fits the timing of the original I think you have done an very peaceful, thought provoking rendition.

It's got a real good dreamy feel to it, without being lullabyish.

I disagree; personally, I find this very lullaby-ish. Peaceful, relaxing, perfect to zone out & fall asleep to.

Naturally, this also means that this isn't a remix that is going to grab your attention and hold it hostage for its full length, but since this isn't the purpose of the song at hand anyway, that's not a problem in any way, shape or form.

Beautiful, relaxing song. Nice work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is just about all I could possibly ask for in a remix of this theme, which I hold very dear to my heart. It's very meaningful, elegant, and, for lack of more appropriate adjectives, fucking beautiful. You manage to squeeze the most out of those sampled instruments (though I'm not really loving the tone of the pad at times) and ultimately craft an arrangement that's so relaxing that you tend to ignore any potential flaws that could be found.

Not much more to be said here, this is one of the best Yoshi's Island arrangements around!

• 1 year later...

I love the piano and acoustic guitar combination work here, and the whole ReMix is simply beautiful and gorgeous. Very peaceful and appropriate to it's nature, which I loved. Everything sounded really good, and if anything came up that sounded a hair off, the arrangement masked it, which made it that much better. It sounds dreamy and gentle, perfect for a lullaby, especially how the ReMix itself seems to drift off to sleep which I thought was cool. Fantastic job.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02068 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Mr. Stork! May I Go Home..."