Sega's Aladdin - Arab Rock Remix??!

SnB

I am quite surprised that Aladdin's Arab Rock piece has not been remix on this site and I've only found one attempt at it on Youtube. (an electronic orchestra remix which i think is brilliant) but even that is unfinished!!!

Is there a curse (legal issue) on this piece? is it just because not many people are aware of it!?? or is it because its too hard to remix it???@@#!

This piece has massive potential!! and I personally rank it as high as some of the classics we all love. would love to see some comments about this because this issues has been bugging for quite some time. below is a link to Arab Rock posted through Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wHFox7HA80

well ocr rules state 'The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify.'

Having said that, i'm not sure if this track is actually from the film soundtrack, i don't remember it at any rate, so it may be ok to do.

I've never even thought about remixing aladdin music and i used to adore this game! I'm sure it's not too hard for someone to remix, it's probably not been done yet because, like me, people forget about the music from it (maybe?)

Oh and thanks to you i've just spent the last 20 minutes on youtube listening to all sorts of disney remixes...

• 4 months later...

Yea your correct. According to an article the game soundtrack was composed by Tommy Tallarico and Donald S. Griffin. Some of the music is defiantly arranged from the film's score but a lot of it is actually exclusive. I don't know how this piece would go against the rules of OCR other than Disney itself may have issues with someone remixing it.

BTW a remixer by the name of Girlz Melon remixed an electronic heavy metal version of it. Its absolutely great and very well done! Though I always thought it should be remixed by an orchestra. I would also love to hear a piano only rendition. Loooool @ listening to disney music

• 3 years later...