Forever, Young Rachel (Final Fantasy VI)

Version 1:

stats.png

Vocals are drafty at best.

Lyrics:

(Verse)

Far off the edge,

of time and space eternal.

I see those days...

Long to see your face...

An absent smile, scorched in frozen flame,

yet I'll still call out your name:

([Pre-?]Chorus)

Forever, young Rachel

the sun shall set before you,

and the stars will take this chance,

to forever keep your hand.

You'll awake in the flame of our embrace...

I've been trying to listen to this for the past few days, simply because FFVI doesn't get enough remixes on here; this track especially has too few remixes.

I like the concept behind it - vocal work with electronic backdrop. I feel the soundscape smothers the possible vocal part, though - the thick lead used as a texture is too dominating, for my taste. Soften the sound of it, there.

Other than that (and the rough vocals, but they're not permanent), it sounds smooth and sexy. Waitin' for an update, bro.

The lyrics are good, but I felt kinda cheated by how short it was. Maybe add another verse. Also, something isn't clicking about the music itself. It's like it almost clashes with the lyrics.

Other than that, I like the direction this is heading in. I agree with Gario, not enough FFVI remixes out there, and certainly not enough ones of 'Forever Rachel'.

I'm giving a disclaimer on this one too: I'm binging the reviews in the WIP thread, things with the work-in-progress tag in front of them, it's late, and my sanity is waning. All are opinions, sanity not guaranteed, or likely. Some things may be off. Some words may be dyslexically spelled backwards and there may be things in the post that are just plain off. The better the thing I'm listening to is, the more likely I'll come up with something off the wall to complain about. Worst case scenario if it's really good and I have nothing to say about it, I'll just start making stuff up. 'I want some more schmeere in your somoflange, then it'll be epic...' That being said, lets get going.

Ah VI. And Kefka, crazy for crazy's sake, evil for evil's sake. Evil for crazy's sake? Erhm, anyway.

I like the vocals, neat and stylized. But imo you've got 2 equally important lead type sounds, and one is overpowering the vocals and the other lead-ish thing. It almost sounds like a slap bass, which it may be... which explains why I seem to be hearing that instead/over bass. I'm torn on what I think might fix it AND keep what it adds to the sound. I think you may have to split it into 2 parts, a bassey part and a melody-ish part.

Course, I may also be crazy... So... Moving right along 8O

It's a great sound. Ima have to figure out how you made it cause it's actually exactly what I wanna use for something. It reminds me of the PVC pipe drums of blueman group. But here it's just too much in a leading role. To keep up with it, your kick drum is also very loud.

When I listen to lyrics, I very rarley actually listen to words. At least, as far as 'this has a great message' I can't understand the intro of this. It sounds good, I like the way it sounds. I just can't understand the words. However, I listen to Trivium, Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, etc. And I can't understand ANYTHING they say so... It may not be an issue for ya.:tomatoface:

Figures I find this after I review your other track. It definitely sucks when you have a song that's sick and every other song you do has to compete with it. This song is decent, but not near as good as the other track. I won't mention the length, because it's a WIP, but there are some issues here. The kick is mega heavy. The vocal harmonies are very bland (they sound like octaves of the lead voice) and the synth is somehow not quite right, but I can't figure out why. I've heard your other work, so I know what you're capable of, and I'm holding you to a higher standard than normal (it's kinda unfair). But I know you're gonna make this track sick. It kinda sounds like your other FF track, so I know you'll get there. Just keep at it.