Sound of Silence Remix - Opinions Wanted

this is great, its a lot of fun to listen to :D

i would put a really small amount of delay on the drums, very dry with a smidge of feedback. if your delay box can have different timings for l/r channel i like to put one side to 1 step and the other to 2 steps. basically if you get another light hit from the snare or bass drum it adds a bit to the groove, i imagine it would sound extra sweet with what youve got going :) setting the l/r channels to different times will just open up the width of the sound!

i would maybe bring the hi hats down in level a tiny bit and add some variation, maybe a little hi hat fill here and there, but thats just me being a sucker for busy drumming!

theres an arpeggiated synth a little over half way through that i really like, maybe bring that up in volume a bit! i might try to widen up the sound a bit more, maybe add some 808 clave hits to the far right or left sides. i think reverbing and bumping up the hi-mid ranges on the vocal track will give it a bit more atmosphere too. hope this helps in some way :D

I would drop everything but the vocal track down. It's almost impossible to actually hear the vocals over the hi-hats, let alone the entire remainder of the track.

The whole mix is really top-heavy, too, I think, but it might just be me. The kick drum is really quiet compared to the snare, and to the hi-hats even, when it should be holding down the groove in a song like this.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the delay comment on the drums. It *can* be useful, but I think it also makes mixing the drums in a lot more difficult because they become so much busier. Plus, everything's already drowned in too much reverb as is. Adding a whole bunch of delay will only make things blend together more.

Adding a whole bunch of delay will only make things blend together more.

the idea is that its not a whole bunch of delay ;) it should be so subtle that its almost difficult to hear (but you can still feel it in the groove). think of it like an automatic way to hit a tiny ghost note after a hard drum stroke