Alien Swarm

WindStrike

This game has a built-in custom combat music option (under audio options). I had this amazing moment earlier on insane difficulty where at the end of the second level we got off the elevator as everybody was getting mobbed by aliens and dying in slow-motion, with our tech making it to the saferoom with a sliver of health left, set to the slow, epic part of the MGS theme. Great game, possibly the best freeware I've played.

OK, so I've been able to fix my connection issues with the game, so I've been playing for a while now. It's addicting!

The only problem I'm currently facing is that I still need to do the Insane difficulty campaign. This normally wouldn't be a problem... except for the fact that half of everyone playing don't know the meaning of the words "do not rush ahead." Naturally, this has lead to some issues, and a desire to play with some more reliable teams.

Is anyone else still playing and up for some games? I'm HalcyonSpirit71 on it.

Yeah, I'm waiting until I finish the Insane campaign before promoting.

Stuck on the Residential stage, though, so it might be a while...

That was my plan too but then I realized, levels don't really give you added strength or anything. You'll unlock the electric shield at some point and that's pretty much the only different thing I use... I'm a medic with Tesla Cannon / Health Gun or Box / random accessory

Played the tutorial and then joined a game thinking I'd be done after I unlocked the TF2 hat achievement (which isn't really that cool, but whatever), but ended up sticking around for almost the whole campaign before we lost people, it's actually a pretty fun game. Very short though, but I assume it's only a matter of time before more interesting custom maps are put out.

They nerfed the Tesla Cannon.

This confirms that Valve hates everything that I like.

I haven't played since they nerfed it, but it was easily my most used gun, and the only one I had an achievement for.

Oh, my most played class is Medic, and I was usually in the back because of it...

Usually I'm leading the charge as a medic with a flamethrower. Saves me the trouble of having to deal with clueless players running into parasites.

One of the people I've been playing with has this nasty tendency to run around with the flamethrower. If someone else has an FT, I'm not about to take one, too.

They nerfed the Tesla Cannon.

This confirms that Valve hates everything that I like.

it was WAY overpowered before, though. everyone just used tesla, with one FT. it was kind of bogus.

i think the new tesla is awesome for what it is - a support weapon. combine it with the power fist as an offhand and the autogun/p-rifle as a primary and you're a one-man wrecking machine.

Do you guys play on Insane? Cause somethin' tells me you don't play on insane. o_o

I NEEEEDS my un-nerfed Tesla Cannon. It's the only thing that made me not look like a noob.

Nope, I don't play on Insane. Heck, I haven't even completed a campaign on Hard (6/7 levels... >:/)

Then again, I've only played "twice" (two 2-4 blocks)