Some unfinished songs

Hi guys! This is my first post and I just wanted to share some of my unfinished work with you guys! I just turned sixteen and just got into this music creating biz so plz don't be too harsh!

Here's my page

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Silent+Ice

Now let's hear some feedback!

P.S. In case you were wondering I am aware of the volume issues in Wings of Ra (The real version)

sweet for first 3 songs, seems you put use to scratching lol nice but use crossfading if your using an actual deck with a turn table, vinyl or CDJ :)

here are a few things i noted (sorry if i worded this to strong)

Eq over all for all songs could do work, sounded like your first two songs where under a lowpass filter, if you wana know how to work a eq just ask me and i can explane how it works, and for some compressors if you want.

your songs are low in volume(except your ''real version song'' too loud) there not loud, add a bit more master volume, but for 1 or 2 of your tracks your drum volume is too loud that im not feeling a blend, like your doing some sorta cover for a song on youtube lol j/k

get electronica samples, and drum samples (deadmau5 Xfer kit is excellent/ez drummer is excellent if you dont already have these)

for your first track try to a ''sidechain compression'' for some parts and see how it sonunds ( ask mee if you need help with this toopic )

im likeing you synths, programmed or pre-set they sound good

quantize tool is your friend, some off notes, but still sounds good

for your first song, cook your beat in from kicks to hats and snare/claps, automate your volmue, and adjust you volume so the instruments blend

I see you like trance/ hardsyle/techno styles cause all 3 of your songs are on 140 bpm :) (well my metrenome on tap mode says it is lol )

other then that theres really nothing wrong here, with more practice as in Great/Perfect practice, you will kick alot off ass.

wings of ra(real version) sound nice and perfessional but use your mixer a bit more for that song, and for the lead (not sure if its a synth) that sounds like a guitar could sound better, try getting a guitar sampler like ither these

http://www.musiclab.com/products/realstrat_info.htm

http://www.musiclab.com/products/reallpc_info.htm

and a amp plugin like

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube/moreinfo/moreinfo1.php

or

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/guitar/guitar-rig-4-pro/

, and theres a LOOOOOOONG moment of silence in wings of ra(real version) then the rest of the song plays, you need to fix that.

thats all

Good Luck, and WELCOM TO OcReMix :)

NOW OFF WITH YOU :350:

My first song was under no kind of modification but my next three songs (there's a new one btw! :])are all going through Fruity Limiter if that's what you mean

Yeah I never even touched the EQ :)

Yeah I would turn them down and forget to turn them back up once i finished and apparently turned up one of them too much :)

Nope i never downloaded those so I guess I'll try them out then!

I don't know what a "sidechain compression" is but i'm pretty much done with for my first song It's all to meh to keep working on lol

Yeah they're preset lol

I've never even heard of quantize so I guess I'll be exploring that tonight!

Yeah like I said before i'm not really all that interested in fixing my first song lol

It's not that I like it so much it's just that they're the easiest to make for me lol

Alright I'll try those

haha yeah the moment of silence is because that's how that song first started out then I came up with the awesomeness that it is now (lol just joking) and forgot to delete it lol

Thanks for the advice! :)

Now do you have any tips for my fourth song?? lol

All right, thanks for the tip!

Also, I agree with Sonic over there that it needs to be EQ'd a bit. In Ascension, the drums are kind of lacking... I hear a lot of middle frequencies, but not much bass/treble, which is taking a lot away from the "punch."

Wings of Ra, love the scratching, but as Sonic said, the guitar sounds really lame, sorry! I'd checkout an amp like Voxengo Boogex, or if you want to spend cash on it, Native Instruments Guitar Rig. Guitar Rig sounds better in most cases, of course, but it comes at a price.

Also, in song 2.0, I hear some interesting volume effects going on. Are you using sidechain compression there? Just curious.

What host are you using, btw? FL, Cubase, Reaper...?

I refrained from commenting on musical structure (progression, tune, etc) because I have trouble judging those :)

What host are you using, btw? FL, Cubase, Reaper...?

I refrained from commenting on musical structure (progression, tune, etc) because I have trouble judging those :)

its techo/trance there all on 140 bpm, he's on fl

yah use maximum vst to master, the fl limiter is a good vol master tool and so is fruity parametric EQ as well but maximum is more advanced and can EQ Ranges a bit better, and limiter only makes over all sound louder for light mastering(see presets).

ither way you can also put the fruity parametric EQ or maximum etc..on master track and EQ ranges on there

EQing is basicly messing with the volume of a sound or track in its ranges

LOW MID HIGH

Equalizers are usually measured in Hz (Hurtz)

more alot of Equalizers(EQ) contain mutiple bands for each range.

some with 2 lows bands 4 mid bands and 2 high bands for more accurate sounds

heck some EQ's have 3 bands, some have 30 bands (usually rack EQs) but really most people only need 3 or 7 band EQ's.

So in to you DAW(which is fl studio) and make a simple saw wave (looks like a zig zag) on a synth like the 3xosc(turn down vol on ocs 2 and 3 for a single saw) then play it in any key at any octave. mess with the(a) EQ like Fruity Parametric; see how it effects the sound from its Bass(Low range(s)) its mid Treble(Mid range(s)) and to its high treble(High range(s)). you can use EQind to modulate synth sounds too ;)

sidechain compresses any other sound around a, lets say a kick so the kick does not get over shadowed, lets say the vol of another sound goes down till the kick drum sound(wave) is finished almost instantly, this is a ''SideChain Duck'' its basicly altering 1 sound with another sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4ILU13dBw

you can use the fl limiter or maximum to sidechain but thats a bit complex and can kill work flow so use the videos method, all work the same :)

Have fun :)

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so it's been about a month and if you've been following me, you might have heard my skills improve...if they have lol. But I tried making a 303 synth and it's in my song called, The Song That's Legit, and I finished my first sidechain-compression song, The Unamed Song, and I have a few more projects that I might consider finishing.

Could someone listen to the newer ones and give my anymore tips?

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Silent+Ice

If so, Thank You!!!

• 3 weeks later...