I am releasing an album and I need artwork

Devyn

I am releasing my somewhat inactive band's final recording sessions as a full album this September. I am releasing this album because I want closure in my life for the work I've done as a musician. I am getting the actual CD produced through DiskMakers. It will be available through Amazon, iTunes, and CDBaby. I have to have the artwork done in two weeks.

We are only producing three hundred copies for starters, but if it takes off, then more copies will be produced as neccessary We have a dark, sorta gothic hard rock sound. Our band is called The Final Nights and the name of our album will be "Build a Fire" which will be released in September.

Since it is a dark, BUT NOT EMO, hard rock album, I was hoping to have a kinda gothic, woodsy artwork. The title track itself is Build a Fire, and we were thinking of including a burning campfire and some embers in the artwork. I have many pictures of the band, and would like to include photos of each of the three members inside the four panel inlay.

That's right, four panels. Front cover, back panel, inner two panels. Then there's the disc, behind the disk and the back cover. I need the artwork, but I will do the template work. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I'll pay you fifty bucks and you will also get to keep the rights to your work and will get credit for art work on the album. So, is it okay if I see some of your stuff? I know that there's a lot of artists out there, a lot of very talented ones.

Here is a link to where you can listen and download some of our songs, for free of course.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Final-Nights/140182819343707?v=app_6917629807

Whoever's really interested can check the whole album if they want. It's twelve tracks total.

I like the instrumental sections a lot in the "Lonely Man" song. Reminds me a lot of a slower Trapt. Very nice tone as well.

Congrats, I think you'll do well for an unsigned group.

Also, I'll pass this thread along to a recent graphic design student friend of mine.

Thanks. I appreciate your enthusiasm. I have tons of pictures of the members of the band. There are only three members, I'd like to that on the left inside inlay, and credits and all that stuff on the right inlay. I have pictures of us and I also have a friend taking pictures tomorrow - trees, gravestones, and whatnot -and I was thinking of using those somewhere in the art...maybe you are interested? Maybe we should try something else? Maybe you do digital work and you have better ideas?

But really, if you have a good concept, please, hit me up. I'm not really that picky. I'm looking for something to fit the music. Basically, a logo and some artwork to fill in the gaps! After we have artwork, Brian, my producer, and I will add in the text, the thank yous, credits and all that stuff. Or maybe you want to do that to - We just need to fit them into the templates diskmakers uses, which shouldn't be a problem for you guys. Brian and I can take care of it unless you're big into that part of the design. Artwork is the focus here.

• 2 weeks later...

If I anybody has done work please let me know. ReLyance repsonded quickly and did an awesome job and I will definitely use his work for the album; However, if anyone else worked on this, we can still use your art for other things. I just don't want anyone who helped to be hurt, because that would hurt me. So whoever did work, please let me know. Thanks ReLyance and thanks to the rest of you. You are all wondeful, talented people. Gracias.