EWQLSO Free Edition Installation Error HELP

After receiving a new computer, I've recently been reinstalling all of my VST's and such. The problem is, when I'm trying to install EWQLSO Free Edition on this machine, I get an:

Error 1335: Something something the cabinet file cabs.m12 required for installation is corrupt

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and (if I'm lucky) a solution.

I don't recall having this problem when I installed it on my other machine, but if I did, I don't remember how to get past it. I tried hitting "ignore" but it just rolled back the entire installation and exited.

I tried on google also, but I can't find anyone who's had this problem T_T

I've been having this problem ever since I downloaded the darn thing. I have no idea what the problem is.

Edit: Actually, I just got the installer working. If you're on Vista, you need to go into the Control Panel and disable User Account Control for it to work. God knows why. Anyway, here's hoping I can actually get the darn thing to play first try for once...

I did try that, actually. No luck.

Anyway, I only disabled UAC long enough to install - and made sure I wasn't connected to the internet in the mean time. Once I got it up and running, I reactivated it. Seems to be working fine so far - the sound is really good, even if there aren't too many.

sorry for trying to help, kid.

i generally don't store downloaded sample packs - i just re-download them on new machines instead of wasting time transferring them via slow interfaces like USB. normally, corrupted file errors like this stem from improper or incomplete downloads or transfers.

I don't think redownloading this one is an option. This was a temporary promotion, and, as far as I can tell, they aren't offering it on the website anymore. It could probably be found elsewhere, but if you have to go scouring the web for it, you have to wonder whether just transferring it from one computer to the other is really all that much slower... :lol:

sorry for trying to help, kid.

i generally don't store downloaded sample packs - i just re-download them on new machines instead of wasting time transferring them via slow interfaces like USB. normally, corrupted file errors like this stem from improper or incomplete downloads or transfers.

Nah, I'm sorry, I guess I forgot to mention I had backed up the download.

Ya see it was a temporary promotion, and at the time I really didn't feel like spending 500-1000 on the real deal anytime soon unless I had money (Meaning in like... 8 years time) so I figured it would be a good idea to store it.

Anyways, I thought USB was faster than internet download speeds. On the internet I generally get around 1.5 MB/sec, and that's usually if I'm downloading Steam games without doing anything else.

usb is only faster if you don't have to back it up in the first place. with big files, i often just let it download overnight. since it puts it wherever (and downloads are stored sequencially), it's more annoying to have to defrag after lots of big files get transferred over usb for me than to just dl it again. it also depends on your download speed =)

didn't realize it was a one-time thing.

I kinda shake my fist at EastWest for that, it's meant to give people a taste of the real deal to make you buy it but they only offered a taste for a limited time, I cannot think of any idea why they would close it off.

It might be because letting people download multi-gig files uses a lot of bandwidth on their end and increases hosting costs.