Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star - History

DarkeSword

What I have so far (it's a medley of 55, 37, and 22):

http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/Rellik_-_The_Kirby_Album.mp3

Remember, this is a medley, so as far as I know it doesn't conflict with anything (although I really dont know enough). May add more if I can bypass the natural limitations (CPU :P)

So:

55/37/22 - Li'L Traveler? (what else, it's a medley? Possible Star Herald)

Ok, i'd like to do track 18 or 29 seeing as everyone and their dog wants 13 15

Possibly under dream warrior with the directions i'll take them.

Ellywu, go ahead and do 18 as Dream Warrior. Based on your audition piece, I think you could pull that off.

KirbyMixer, could you please try to remix track 22 as Water Drop?

Starky, I didn't see any mention of a rank, so I put you on Swift Hunter, if that's alright.

Alright people, here's what we look right right now:

KirbyMixer - 22 - Water Drop
chthonic - 3 - Son of Wind
Adhesive_Boy - 41/42 - L'il Traveller
Dj_StarChild - 33/34 - Swift Hunter
Rellik - 55/37/22 - Star Herald
Suzumebachi - 28/29 - Dream Hunter
Ellywu2 - 18/19 - Dream Warrior
Trenthian - 1/2 - Star General
Sir Nuts - 13 - Great Ace
DJ Ikronix - 14/15 - Final Star
Destiny - 56 - Hero of Lore

DarkeSword - undecided/backup mixer

If you guys wish to trade ranks with anyone else, simply post here and we'll try to work something out.

That last bit about me basically says that if your work is not upto scratch, or you have to drop out for whatever personal reason, or you piss me off and I kick you off the project, I'll be taking over your track assignment. :P

(not being up to scratch basically means that if i'm not satisfied with your mixing ability, you're out, so do good)

I may also do a bonus track for 'Super Star' a rank which was only attainable after beating Extra Mode, but I want to worry about the real project first, then any extras.

Anyway, our track selection phase is, for the most part, DONE.

Everyone, please begin working on your mixes.

The first Work-In-Progress is DUE on Sunday, October 31, 2004

DO NOT MISS THIS DEADLINE. IF YOU DO, YOU RISK REMOVAL FROM THE PROJECT

First WIP should have at least 1 MINUTE worth of material. Substantial material. Source tunes must be prevalent, and the style must fit the rank (I won't be TOO harsh on the style, however).

I highly recommend you post WIPs before the deadline, so that your fellow remixers can provide you with worthwhile feedback.

Let's do this, team. Good luck. 8)

edit: changed the WIP length requirement to 1 minute; I think that's reasonable, eh? :wink:

OH MY GOD. A mixing project that actually gives a reasonable amount of time?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

A good thing, too, since I'm on vacation between summer quarter and fall quarter. :P

Well I want this to succeed, so I'm not interested in rushing things.

Setting reasonable, attainable goals will help this project reach completion, even if it takes a while.

Just so everyone knows, my target completion date for the whole project is around either the beginning or end of January.

Also, I was thinking about possible titles for the album; what do you guys think of 'The Adventurers'? It's a nice throwback to the title of the game, as well as referencing the fact that we're doing character themes?

Also, I was thinking about possible titles for the album; what do you guys think of 'The Adventurers'? It's a nice throwback to the title of the game, as well as referencing the fact that we're doing character themes?

How about "Now we suck, just like Kirby!"

I have no problems with 'The Adventurers." :wink:

Is it too late to audition?

I looked for signs and traces of 'auditions closed' or relative statements, but didn't find any, so I was wondering what the status is as far as that.

If it isn't closed and you want some of my latest stuff, this is my latest release, and this is my release that has recieved the most positive response for.

If it's closed, oh well, maybe I'll audition early enough next time. ;)

chthonic        - 3             - Son of Wind

Fixed that for ya :wink:

No capital C, plus you spelled it 'cthonic'

That's not the point of this post, however.

I will be steadily feeding project name ideas into this thread... starting with this:

Stellar Evolution:

The Kirby's Adventure ReMix Project

'Stellar' refers to the stars that are a huge part of the game and story, and 'Evolution' could be either the progressing of your character through the ranks, or the reinterpretation of the music.

You could even do "Stellar Revolution"... it rolls of the tongue almost exactly the same.

Anyway, there's one of MANY ideas to come.

This is the most productive I've been since I started on Nemesis :lol:

-chth

I looked for signs and traces of 'auditions closed' or relative statements, but didn't find any, so I was wondering what the status is as far as that.

If it isn't closed and you want some of my latest stuff, this is my latest release, and this is my release that has recieved the most positive response for.

Very impressive, however, all of my slots for tracks are filled up. You have three options:

1) Be a backup. If someone drops out, you could take over.

2) Convince someone here to collaborate with you.

3) Wait until my next project.

Sorry man; your stuff sounds killer, but it wouldn't be fair to bump someone. :?

Anyone willing to collaborate with Darangen?

Analoq, thanks man. Glad to have your support. 8)

Kye-U, sorry, but this project is for Kirby's Adventure songs only. Dreamland songs won't be included. :(

Alright guys, I set up a chatroom: #kaproject on irc.enterthegame.com.

irc://irc.enterthegame.com/kaproject

Please lurk and chat whenever you can. If you're a mixer or backup for this project, msg me and I'll voice you. Keep the chatter clean; it's not #ocremix. :roll:

Very impressive, however, all of my slots for tracks are filled up. You have three options:

1) Be a backup. If someone drops out, you could take over.

2) Convince someone here to collaborate with you.

3) Wait until my next project.

Sorry man; your stuff sounds killer, but it wouldn't be fair to bump someone. :?

Anyone willing to collaborate with Darangen?

I'll take either of the 3. ;)

The track listing is looking good so far, eventhough there would be a few trackselections that I would have liked to see in there. Good jorb, Homesword!

Perhaps you could do something like Digital Coma where multiple remixers could present tracks for a slot, and the majority vote decides which one gets in. Seeing as how there are many mixers reaching for slots, and we don't want to end up with anything sub-par... (not to be mean)

I've toyed with the idea of implementing a peer review, but at this point, I don't want to hurt any feelings. If all of the remixers are okay with it, I'll devise a Peer Review process.

The problem with auditions was that I accepted people as they applied, so it went more like a first come first serve. In retrospect I should have waited for all of the auditions and picked the cream of the crop.

Everyone please add your thoughts; should we do a Peer Review? I'd like to hear some arguments.