Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star - History

DarkeSword

Wait, do I even have the authority to post here?

No. ;)

Anyone's allowed to post, so long as they don't whine, bitch, moan, or otherwise complain about the project. Constructive criticism is welcome from ANYONE.

Oh, I know. I was just messing around with ol' KWarp over there.

I have nothing to say about this project right now, other than that I support it. And I probably won't have anything more to say until it's done.

Wait, do I even have the authority to post here?

No. ;)

Anyone's allowed to post, so long as they don't whine, bitch, moan, or otherwise complain about the project. Constructive criticism is welcome from ANYONE.

Awesome! :D That's exactly what I wanted to hear.<(^_^)> Now for more questions and demands... erm.. comments:

More likely than not, I'm going to want to incorporate some of the music from this album into my flash animation projects. Are there any restrictions album colaboration remixes have vs typical OCRemixes? In other words, if I credit the musician(s), can I use stuff from the album like any OCRemix?

Next, I demand each composer has fun with their project and is excited with their results. :P

Finally, how does one audition for album cover art? :? I can draw something nice by the end of the week if you want.

Tracks I'd like to hear squeezed in if anyone's still interested, in order of preference:

31/32

43/44

51/52

There's your constructive criticism. :D

P.S. I'm offering server space/bandwidth as well. Anyone can contact me (AIM, PM, E-mail) if they want me to host something.

P.P.S. If you really needed artwork, I have experience...

:D I like it. I really love the lead synth, and, in general, a slower speed works well for it. If it were my mix, however (keeping in mind how little experience I have), I would bump up the tempo a few notches. The way it is now, it took me a while to remember the melody. Don't speed it up too much, though, because at this speed you could add some really nice improvisations. Very creative title.

Hmm... maybe I could do an orchestral-techno hybrid, similar to Dan's recent take on Hyrule Castle. That might get the epic feel you were talking about, and the tempo would also be faster. I think the main problem lies in the happy nature of the melody itself, and transforming it into what you are describing sounds like it will take a lot of work.

Not to mention the fact that I may have to leave the project for six weeks because of my grades. You might want to have a backup mixer ready in case the grounding does happen, and if it does, I'm really sorry.

Anyway, if anyone has some really good string and orchestra samples, please bestow them unto me... most of mine are only sub-par; especially the brass.

-chth

Hmm... maybe I could do an orchestral-techno hybrid, similar to Dan's recent take on Hyrule Castle. That might get the epic feel you were talking about, and the tempo would also be faster. I think the main problem lies in the happy nature of the melody itself, and transforming it into what you are describing sounds like it will take a lot of work.

Not to mention the fact that I may have to leave the project for six weeks because of my grades. You might want to have a backup mixer ready in case the grounding does happen, and if it does, I'm really sorry.

Anyway, if anyone has some really good string and orchestra samples, please bestow them unto me... most of mine are only sub-par; especially the brass.

-chth

If you're having trouble with the one melody, try and work other material in. Check the list for conflicts before.

As for the grounding, I have a few guys interested as backups, like Darangen and mv.

Orch samples: got squidfont? http://soundfonts.darkesword.com/

Someone's probably already beaten me to this, but if you need coverart if you turn this into a cd, I can do that.

Here are some examples of my work:

basic logo design for a HL2 mod team I'm part of - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/hadynlander/meteorlogo4.jpg

a joke pic I did taking the piss out of the FF:CC's name - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/hadynlander/FF_CCs_4.jpg

part of a webcomic I do (once every few months...) - http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6649222/ (click the thumbnail to see the whole thing)

That last one's probably the type of art you'd want for something kirby-related.

I have a lot more art around if you wanna see any more at all? Ahwell, PM me if you're interested ^^

~Hadyn

oh yeah, also wanted to point out that kirbys adventure is my favourite game of all time - I still have it sitting right next to me incase I get the urge to play it ^^

(thus I'm looking very forward to seeing how this turns out)

Hey... I doubt this matters, but I'm actually working on my own remix - I believe it's the same theme that Ellywu2 chose, so like, if he can't do it or anything, I can always show you what I've got (don't freak out too much DS, I've gotten better since by old submissions).

I'd show you it now, but

a) There's probably not much point considering Ellywu2 will most likely do perfectly well, and

B) I have no webspace, and I can't submit another WIP at VGmix for a while. :P

Ahwell, just remember that I can help out later if needed ^^

Hi again everyone. Well, i'm putting up the first attempt of mine at number 18.

I'm a little bit aprehensive, as looking at the names i dont see anyone who is at my level :(

ah well, here it is, about an hours worth of doodling around (EDIT: at 2:07 theres a gong hit which shouldnt be there.)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/DownloadSong.cfm?ID=1659368

More updates throughout the month :)

Oh and Hadyn, if you can get me a copy of your version, and with the permission of Darkesword, perhaps we could work on a collaboration of sorts?

hey, that could be cool :D

EDIT: I just got a soundclick account. Here's my mix so far...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/hadynmusic.htm

Oh, and yeah, your WIP so far? That's got to be the best two minute intro. EVER. Sounds very nice, and I love the way it builds into the theme - sounds great ^^

I think what I have so far is a little more... flowy... less powerful and more light-hearted than yours I guess - yours might end up sounding better off if you don't collab with me and just do it all by yourself, 'cause from what I've seen so far, you've got some damn nice skills there - but hey, we'll see ^^

~Hadyn