Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star - History

DarkeSword

I figured this is appropriate for the Kirby's Adventure project:

http://217.153.29.18/%7Emichal/pliki/kirby.mpg

It's the original ad for the game itself. I find it very amusing.(the site hosting it is http://majkel.mds.pl/html/reklama/indexUKG.htm )

OMG I REMEBER THAT COMMERCIAL!!!

brought back some memories.

oh yeah' date=' and KAPOW!

[img']http://mysite.verizon.net/res0440r/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/krp.jpg

!! mv! I can't wait to hear what that ends up as :D

Anyway, I think I'll have more time than I expected, so I may be able to get more done by the 31'st than I had originally planned (maybe even finish it?). It's never really going to be my best mix so far or anything, honestly, no matter how much I work on it, but I'll aim to make it as good as I can.

That kirby commercial is entirely too creepy. It totally contrasts with the essence of kirby... but I guess that's how stuff got sold back then.

Heh. Pretty neat man.

Thanks.

It's just one idea, really - if you want me to try anything else, like, if you have an idea in mind or anything, just let me know and I should be able to give it a shot - I'm on a short break from uni for the next week, so yeah. I need something to keep me busy ^^

I'm also free to do any graphics design for a possible web-page if there's going to be one, so yeah. Just letting you know the offer's there :)

Can't wait to hear these WIP's.

~Hadyn

I love Kirby too, so if anyone need help with something, just post here. I'm not very good at anything quite necessary for a remixproject really, but maybe i could help. At least i have photoshop elements 2, I'm not super but I know some things, I know some html-coding, for the web but im not very good there either, and i have FL studio Express version :P I know it's "n00biesh" but it was bundled with my hardware... Whatever, hope I can help with something and I hope this will be great!

Keep working!

I love Kirby too, so if anyone need help with something, just post here. I'm not very good at anything quite necessary for a remixproject really, but maybe i could help. At least i have photoshop elements 2, I'm not super but I know some things, I know some html-coding, for the web but im not very good there either, and i have FL studio Express version :P I know it's "n00biesh" but it was bundled with my hardware... Whatever, hope I can help with something and I hope this will be great!

Keep working!

To save DS the trouble, and seeing as I really have nothing else to do ~

The remixers have already been auditioned, and chosen, and there are already back-up remixers ready incase some of the current mixers need to drop out. DarkeSword is only choosing the absolute best remixers for this project, and so unless you have some really good skill, and a few .mp3's handy to prove it, there's pretty much no chance you'll get in - and even if you did, you'd just be backup.

If you want to contribute art to the project, then the guideline seems to be "submit whatever you like, and if they like it, they'll use it". There aren't really any other guidelines - I'm not even sure if the compilation has a name yet, so making album covers is a little tricky at this point. But hey, if you have an idea, it can't hurt to show it around :)

As far as a web page goes, I'm not sure what's happening there. I'd assume they'd be making it in Dream Weaver and Flash at any rate, and so the ability to code "basic" html is probably not much help - but, I could be wrong. Either way, I'm still not even sure if this project is going to have a website yet... DS, care to clear that one up?

I think the best way most people can help right now would probably be just supporting the mixers, giving them feedback and critiques, and yeah, just generally encouraging them. Cya 'round, oh, and welcome to OCR :D

~Hadyn

As far as a web page goes, I'm not sure what's happening there. I'd assume they'd be making it in Dream Weaver and Flash at any rate, and so the ability to code "basic" html is probably not much help - but, I could be wrong. Either way, I'm still not even sure if this project is going to have a website yet... DS, care to clear that one up?

I think the best way most people can help right now would probably be just supporting the mixers, giving them feedback and critiques, and yeah, just generally encouraging them. Cya 'round, oh, and welcome to OCR :D

~Hadyn

Hadyn summed it up.

As for the site, I'm coding myself in HTML/XHTML and CSS. So that's that. I really need to work on it though. :(

Hadyn summed it up.

As for the site, I'm coding myself in HTML/XHTML and CSS. So that's that. I really need to work on it though. :(

If you need a hand, I did an xhtml/css course last semester (came out with a high distinction) so I might be able to help in some way. Other than that, I also know some flash if you want like, animated banners or anything - though too much animation can sometimes be a bad thing... that said, I'm also pretty good at static web graphics and all too.

yeah, I know, I've put up offers for just about every kind of job now, eh? Well, just saying... I'm there if you need the extra hand at all :P

~Hadyn

I actually didn't think I'd have a WIP done in time, but I sat myself down and refused to quit until I had at least something to show :)

I had to post it at vgmix since I'm cheap and have no webspace of my own, so here's the link: http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=2622

Pretty raw, but hey, it's something, it's mainly just structure and junk ;)

Darangen - Damn, the first 30 seconds of your WIP had me sitting on the edge of my seat, dying to see what came next... then... then this really bad piano sample comes in... I almost cried! Everything else about your mix rocks so much, but that piano just feels so midi-ish, and very out of place...

Could you not has that part played by a guitar lead, perhaps? or maybe even have subtle electronic instruments or something ^^;

I dunno, just in my opinion it ruins the mix a bit :(

Either way, the guitar work, drums, and bass are legendary - keep up the awesome work.

~Hadyn