Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star - History

DarkeSword

AB - I love your mix :D really cool stuff indeed!

chth - I have a suggestion to make: Start the song with a note that falls on-beat. Otherwise it gets confusing, and people start to think that the bridging note is actually the main one, and their sense of timing is thrown of by a beat. Otherwise, your mix is sounding promising :) I look forward to hearing more ^^

~Hadyn

:|

If you can't pick out a pickup...well...:(

oh, thanks.

What's to say their couldn't be a song that goes like this: ftp://66.221.70.133/Other/blaghhhh.mp3 ?

Because that's how I personally heard the start of chth's song.

~Hadyn

EDIT: only, I messed up the lowest note (should be lower, right?) - ohwell, you still get the idea. I put that together in a few seconds, by the way... so that's why it sucks. It's just to show what I thought.

EDIT 2: Alright, I went back into FL to try the same thing if I fixed the lower note... and now it sounds a little dumb, so yeah.

*nervous whistle* maybe it's just me that's stupid.

chth and Hadyn could always make it a collab, seems they'se about to make it so, heh. But that's just a suggestion, since both wanna work on the song/project.

The more it goes, the better this project sounds. Don't give up guys =D!!!!

Hehe, actually I think chth would do better without me ^^

We've both gone different ways with the mix, and yeah, I don't think our styles would blend too well. I'm fine with not being part of the project - I'm still going to finish my mix anyways ^^

chthonic said:
It's 'chthonic'. Thanks for the comments, though.

-chth

Ah, sorry. :)

Missed that H.

No problems for the comments sire! :)

Here are my thoughts on AB:s remix:

Cool intro by my opinion.

The basssounds that starts at about 0:25 isn't the best, but maybe. It get's a little too messy too about 1:00. It get's better maybe, but still a little too messy. Nice melody still. Very cool "solo" at 1:54, and the synth-sound afterwards is cool, same for the Caramba-Island sound or whatever too call it :P Still very good and it's now on 3:00. The crossfade there is also cool and I really like the new bassline. Hehe, blip blop à la mario. Still cool on 3:50 and the new more slow part is very amazing too. This remix is really awesome except from the little mess in the beginning.

The ending is cool too except for some little clip, that i thought I heard.

Nice Work Adhesive Boy! :)

AB - I love your mix :D really cool stuff indeed!

chth - I have a suggestion to make: Start the song with a note that falls on-beat. Otherwise it gets confusing, and people start to think that the bridging note is actually the main one, and their sense of timing is thrown of by a beat. Otherwise, your mix is sounding promising :) I look forward to hearing more ^^

~Hadyn

:|

If you can't pick out a pickup...well...:(

I still need to make the velocity of the pickup note softer, and I might make use of a reverse cymbal. The downbeat should be much clearer after that.

-chth

The "final" version of my mix with a few minor changes done to it is avaliable on the same vgmix wip thread:

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3250

Thanks for everyone who commented on the first version (any more are still appreciated)! Good luck to everyone else who's mixing. I just hope this project manages to survive to see the end...

DarkeSword said:

Are you looking for feedback, or simply showing us your progress so far?

'Cause, you know, there's are a few things I could give feedback on, but it's a strange role reversal, giving advice to a judge o.O

chthonic said:

I still need to make the velocity of the pickup note softer, and I might make use of a reverse cymbal. The downbeat should be much clearer after that.

-chth

cool cool :)

Reverse cymbals are a little cliche, though. Maybe make up some original wacky sound instead? ^^

Anyways, I can't wait to hear more :)

Are you looking for feedback, or simply showing us your progress so far?

'Cause, you know, there's are a few things I could give feedback on, but it's a strange role reversal, giving advice to a judge o.O

Feedback away. I still post my stuff in the WIP you know. :P

Sorry that I haven't updated, but I've been quite busy. Tonight is my first night off from everything, so I've set a midnight deadline for version 2.

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3244

Version two... changes are explained in the buzz thread. Anyone have any title ideas? I'm usually good at this type of thing, but this piece's name escapes me.

-chth

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3244

Version two... changes are explained in the buzz thread. Anyone have any title ideas? I'm usually good at this type of thing, but this piece's name escapes me.

-chth

not sure about a name... hmmm

you do intend to make it a tad bit longer, don't you? maybe you could add a slow, quiet orchestral intro before the detache comes in. also, the begining of the source material is in c dorian mode, perhaps you could stick an F# in there and play around on the blues scale w/ your trumpet (very nice addition, btw).

i'm liking this...

As I listen, my thoughts:

The first trumpet section needs to be atleast twice as long... it rocks, and needs to be longer.

The tribal section at the end is also quite cool, though also too short, and ending too soon. It should build back up into the full melody, which should play a bunch more times... Then have the trumpet section again, maybe followed by the main progression with a trumpet solo over the top?

Just my thoughts. Keep up the awesome work ^^

A little while ago, GrayLightning gave me the bad news that his mixing computer went down, and that he wouldn't be able to complete his Hero of Lore piece. That's the third mixer who dropped out on it, so I've worked out something with reelmojo, the coordinator of the People's Remix Competition. The contest this week is to remix Track 56 in the style of a Hero of Lore track. I encourage mixers already involved with the project to try and compete as well.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51656

• 2 weeks later...