Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star - History

DarkeSword

I'm having a spell of un-inspiration, so mine might just end up being the main theme run though, the tribal drum segment, synth blues scale solo, main theme variation. I'll see what happens and try to get the "final" version uploaded soon.

Starbound (Theme of Dream Warrior)

Not my absolute best work, but probably my most creative as far as instrumentation goes. The somewhat lackluster flow and structure comes from my said inspiration deprivation, so I needed to complete this and move on. It's finished in my mind, but I'll make any changes you feel are needed.

Too many changes from the last version to discuss, so just listen to it.

Edit: This is basically the final version. I do have two TINY tweaks I want to make, so I'll update with the final final version tomorrow.

-chth

Starbound (Theme of Dream Warrior)

Not my absolute best work, but probably my most creative as far as instrumentation goes. The somewhat lackluster flow and structure comes from my said inspiration deprivation, so I needed to complete this and move on. It's finished in my mind, but I'll make any changes you feel are needed.

Too many changes from the last version to discuss, so just listen to it.

Edit: This is basically the final version. I do have two TINY tweaks I want to make, so I'll update with the final final version tomorrow.

-chth

Sounds cool :) Especially around the 1:00 mark, love that part of the theme.

The part at 1:20-ish lends way to the 'Dream Warrior' concept, and is performed quite nicely :)

Very good, I like it.

We're moving along slowly but surely. Only three mixes left; mine, and two from Trenthian. We shall endeavor. In the meantime, I would like everyone to upload a wave master of their mix to herograw's FTP space, so that when album release time comes, I'll be able to create the wav torrents and encode everything consistently across the board. Here is the connection info:

herograw said:
HOLY SHIT SOUNDCLICK SUCKS ASS I AM STILL OFFERING HOSTING FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT FOR THEIR WIPS R SUM SHIT AS FOLLOWS NOOB=>

FTP ==> herograw.com

NAME ==> kirby@herograw.com

PASS: asdf

UPLOAD SHIT INTO WIP DIRECTORY OKAY AFK

FILES WILL APPEAR AT ==> http://herograw.com/kirby/WIP/

-ORB

EDIT: SHIT IS CASE-SENSITIVE REMEMBER THIS OK

Much thanks.

My track, Aviator Soul (Theme of Great Ace) is complete, and is only awaiting minor tweaks.

http://shariqansari.com/great-ace.mp3

Comments on levels and balance are appreciated.

My thoughts of Aviator:

The backgroundstrings sound a little too "midi" and synthic, by my opinion. It also should be a little heavier, and more powerful.

Don't rush too much on this one DarkeSword.

It can ruin much of the project. It's a nice song, but I think it needs some tweaking and maybe little things added to the melodic and ambientic parts.

But still, it's nice.

My track, Aviator Soul (Theme of Great Ace) is complete, and is only awaiting minor tweaks.

http://shariqansari.com/great-ace.mp3

Comments on levels and balance are appreciated.

Florestan oboe has "bad" notes that stick out naturally, one of those notes being B flat. You have that note at around :52 and 1:00, I believe. It's midfrequencies screamed and came close to making me wince. It's easy to fix... if the oboe has it's own mixer channel, you can just curve the mids down with the equalizer that's right there on the mixer. You might even be able to automate it to lower the mids only when the B flat plays, but either way, I definitley think it needs to be fixed.

Nice reference to Green Greens in the horns at :20 and 2:35... very smooth. It's just a tad more subtle than mine 8)

I also think you should up the volume of the snare and percussion the last time the theme plays, to add emphasis. Everybody loves a loud final chorus :)

Other than those minor things, this is great work. I especially love the solo voice and moving cello lines. Gooood stuff.

-chth

WHOA!!

Darke/Shariq, This is great! I love how it came out!

There are a few places where it sounds like you might be using a cheap soundfont or something, it just doesn't sound real enough to my ears; but, other than that, the orchestration is awesome.

As for levels, it sounds good in general, but there are a couple spots where it might be a little too loud; I don't know, it could just be my imagination.

That hiccup would be Trenthian.

Where'd he go, anyway?

-chth

He works at EA. :roll:

And yes, I've been talking to him; Star General is almost done; also, I have Beatdrop working on Final Star; he's usually quick about stuff, so I'm not worried about that.

As far as a site goes, I need to work on one; I have some really rough sketches sitting around; nothing substantial yet. I have lots of schoolwork (new semester started; I must adjust to my new schedule), so sitting down to do web design is going to take a lot of free time. I will post progress as I make it.

As far as a site goes, I need to work on one; I have some really rough sketches sitting around; nothing substantial yet. I have lots of schoolwork (new semester started; I must adjust to my new schedule), so sitting down to do web design is going to take a lot of free time. I will post progress as I make it.

Did someone mention a website? I could probably make one, if you don't want it too advanced. I only know html, but I make good designs. PM me if you want my help.

Sorry about the hold up guys, should be finished with mine sometime this weekend, if I cant do that, I promise a trenthian promise that I will have it finished before april 1st.

its coming along really nicely,

Its part electronic, and mostly orchestral.

very smooth throughout so far. I could just drop an ending on it, but I feel thats sorta cop'ing out since I only have about 2:30 of kick ass happening so far.

Tweaked my piece more and finished it. It's not rendered, but I have it and it's finished, and that's all that matters. :P

Heard a WIP from Beatdrop for Final Star; it's coming along nicely. Also heard a WIP from Trenthian for Star General; also sounds good.

I'm looking for a good artist to do album art/cover art stuff. Post a sample of your work here please.