Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star - History

DarkeSword

Evil, evil font... And evil outer glow, too! So to sum up: if it wasn't for the text and evil jaggies around the edge of the the image of Kirby, it'd be a good picture.

So basically, remove everything other than the "borrowed" picture of Kirby, and it's great!

Oh yeah, and Beatdrop - you forgot, "evil bevel and emboss" ;)

I don't mean to be a bother, but I'm interested in this, so here are a few more samples of my drawing. I've learned to draw Kirby more truly to his original rendition.

Life drawing

Inking

Really good penciling

Collage of Kirby

Please don't steal my treasured creations if you were for some reason going to.

Hopefully these are more "impressive." Okay, that's all.

And Kirby's "Air Ride" is really hard to draw. Anybody else run into that?

And Kirby's "Air Ride" is really hard to draw. Anybody else run into that?

If you're talking about the title/title font style, indeed, it is x_X; I've tried a few times but there's always something wrong it seems.

I like the Kirby collage <3

I warned you it was crappy, but I felt like it would be wrong to not even try. Besides, I was bored and did it in my spare 5 mins that I had to work with.

As for the font.... I know. I hated it to begin with. I had nothing else to work with, so that's what I used.

As for the "borrowed" picture... so what? Check out the second CD cover art for Hedgehog Heaven.

Should I bother working on this? Tell me yes or no. If no, I'll just quit with this and wait for it to be released. If yes, I'll actually put a concious effort into this.

I warned you it was crappy, but I felt like it would be wrong to not even try. Besides, I was bored and did it in my spare 5 mins that I had to work with.

As for the font.... I know. I hated it to begin with. I had nothing else to work with, so that's what I used.

As for the "borrowed" picture... so what? Check out the second CD cover art for Hedgehog Heaven.

Should I bother working on this? Tell me yes or no. If no, I'll just quit with this and wait for it to be released. If yes, I'll actually put a concious effort into this.

No, don't bother. Also, this project isn't Hedgehog Heaven, so don't use that as an example of what we're doing here.

No, don't bother. Also, this project isn't Hedgehog Heaven, so don't use that as an example of what we're doing here.

Ok, sorry. Didn't mean to offend the project.

Anyway, ok, final ruling: dump.

genghisdani said:
DarkeSword said:
genghisdani said:

Ok, sorry. Didn't mean to offend the project.

Anyway, ok, final ruling: dump.

No 'offense' taken. I'm just saying that this is a different project with a different approach. :)

Trenthian contacted me yesterday; he has a version of his mix finished for the April 1st deadline.

Beatdrop, because of computer and health issues (get well soon, bro), will be finishing his remix this weekend, as opposed to today. I wanted to avoid extending the deadline even more, but it seems that a day or two isn't bad.

After this project launches, there will be a grand total of 13 posted Kirby remixes/arragnements in a timespan of 2 weeks. I'm gonna mirror them all I will. :D

Speaking of which, what is the Site Project policy on mirrors? I assume crediting the creators and linking to them is good enough. Anything else I should take notice of?

okay so... now that I'm using herograw.com to host quite a few projects/files I've decided that it would be prudent to not put all the eggs in one basket, so to speak. Therefore I've bought more webspace and have decided to host the kirby project on the new site.

new ftp info:

ftp: herograw.net

name: kirby@herograw.net

pass: asdf

for those of you who have all ready put files up, don't worry. I transferred them over earlier today.

that is all

-rob

I've been ridiculously busy at school and at work. We just hired 332 people where I work, and I'm resposible for preparing all of the orientation documentation for them.

I'm waiting on Beatdrop, but I've also started my own mix for 14/15 just in case. Nothing solid yet. :(

Eew, that sucks. I wouldn't wanna have that sort of things to do for my job, i always hated paperwork =_=; Don't worry, i understand many people are being buried under work, for their job and/or their studies. I'll have to get into a drawing spree starting this weekend for the next month. I was more wondering why there wasn't anyone around to poke the project from times to times =P

sith, you haven't had any news of Beatdrop either for your project? I hope nothing bad happened =/ (btw, what do we call you now? sith? KFC? @_@;; )

Protricity has also graciously offered to lend his talents further down the line if this project needs more mixers.

I wonder if that'll end up happening. Hopefully Beatdrop isn't in any sort of serious medical trouble though, as it was mentioned he had "health issues".

As a request from Shariq, I'll be remixing the Final boss theme. I've been working since last week and now I'm almost halfway through it. I'm having some problems with some of the melodies that don't fit right so I think I'm gonna have to make a lot of changes around the melody. I'll work hard on this and I hope I can deliver something of high quality to this project.

As a request from Shariq, I'll be remixing the Final boss theme. I've been working since last week and now I'm almost halfway through it. I'm having some problems with some of the melodies that don't fit right so I think I'm gonna have to make a lot of changes around the melody. I'll work hard on this and I hope I can deliver something of high quality to this project.

That's good and bad news. Good because of a remix by you, bad because I'm just worried about Dain.

I just hope it isn't serious.