Street Fighter x Tekken

Jhawk

Street Fighter vs. Tekken will be available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The two teams behind the project started talking about making a game like this a year ago.

Also, Namco will be developing Tekken vs. Street Fighter, a different game with Namco developers heading the project.

Ono also said that an online version of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike will be released. It's not coming in the immediate future, they said they're going to take their time and do it right — but it will happen.

A few other things were also revealed today and more stuff is coming. • Ono said the blank character slots for SSF4 arcade won't be revealed until the Tokyo Game Show in September.

• New alternative costumes in the works for Super Street Fighter 4. Available in the fall, based on past designs. Everyone gets a new costume.

• Capcom will have official tournaments called Capcom Cup competitions utilizing Tournament Mode. This was talked about back when they did tournament mode, but it's nice to see it come to fruition. Started in Japan yesterday, but will happen in all regions soon.

24_sfvstekkent.jpg

I didn't believe the rumours before... I guess I stand corrected.

I'm a Street Fighter fan but I don't like Tekken, so I don't know how to feel about this. From the gameplay trailer it seems that SF vs Tekken will have tag teams, and play similarly to Street Fighter 4 but with more juggles. I liked all the juggling in Alpha 3 so this might actually be a good thing.

The matchup we should've had was Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter. No one was comparing the pedigrees between SF and T; it was the T and VF camps arguing with each other.

That and, you know, the characters from VF and Tekken are much better match-ups for each other.

Kazuya's a badass and all, but I don't see what he's supposed to do against a Hadoken when he can only jump a couple of feet high.

For me in particular, this is a dream come true. Tekken and Street Fighter are my absolute two most favorite fighting game franchises ever. Words can not describe how excited I am for this game and its Namco counterpart. As for "What can Kazuya do agianst Hadokens?" he can crouch dash those easily. The gameplay demo illustrates that perfectly.:grin:

This might be the best "Tekken" game I've ever played - never been a fan of the original but in this format it definitely looks interesting and fun.

I agree though that a new Capcom vs. SNK is waay overdue. I'd love to see Terry, Nakoruru, or Haohmaru get the SFIV treatment. Hopefully they put that project off long enough to really be able to do it justice but it's definitely something that should be revived - I still regularly play the 2nd one and in a lot of ways prefer it to the MvC series. I've always been a huge fan of the SNK characters, they just haven't been in any good games lately. BOOOO!

That's totally fine with me. We're having a serious fighting renaissance right now as it is without two more games next year. I don't know how much more of a beating my wallet can take.

After actually being able to watch the gameplay trailer at 1up(vids were down), I shall now proceed to eat my own words, as I thought the juggling and tagging mixed with the SFIV visual style and speed worked pretty nicely IMO. This might actually be my favorite Tekken game if it pans out well ironically. :-P