Street Fighter x Tekken

Jhawk

So Seth Killian posted a photo of the game's newest build....giving away details.

whatswiththeballsd-600x329.png

There's two meters now and no one's quite sure what the little circles are for. If anything.

Pics of Lili and The Gief were also unveiled

lili2d-600x337.png

Miss Rochefort looks like shit in this game to be honest.

Gief is still gief

zangief2d-600x339.png

What you all think? Overall I'm cool with the graphics, but seeing Lili reminds me of a comment on that picture, "It looks like SFIV and MVC3 had an ugly baby and named it WTF". There's videos and other pics and shit like that out there but my god, Heihachi looks 8x worse than Lili.

In other news, the official site has been updated with character artwork. Each character has an apparent "evil" version behind them. Evil Ibuki would be cool to play as.

13_sfxtart03.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

New teasers were shown at Brasil Game Show. For the first time, no one seems to be 100% certain who the hell these are hinting at. It seems to show 3 SF characters per trailer but that would make 9 more SF characters which seems unlikely.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/07/brasil-game-show-sfxt-character-teasers/

EDIT: Oops....eventhubs has a pretty good analysis of the trailers which shows Balrog, Juri and Vega.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
So Seth Killian posted a photo of the game's newest build....giving away details.

whatswiththeballsd-600x329.png

There's two meters now and no one's quite sure what the little circles are for. If anything.

From it's Wikipedia page...

Street Fighter X Tekken features two new game mechanics: the Gem System and Pandora Mode. Players equip up to three gems to their characters, which provide different stat boosts depending on the type of gem. Six varieties of gems exist: attack, defense, speed, vitality, assist, and Cross Gauge. Each gems and its effects are designated by a specific color, and will activate as the players fulfill certain conditions during battle. When a character on a player's team has less than 25% health remaining, that character can be sacrificed in order to activate Pandora Mode, which gives the remaining fighter increased strength and an infinite Cross Gauge. However, this state has a time limit and the player will automatically lose if he/she cannot defeat the opponent before the Pandora state runs out.

The Gem System has/had the fighting community in an uproar. Especially since it's not an option to simply turn off.

• 1 month later...

PC Version is May 11th U.S. and May 14th Europe.

Vita Version is hitting sometime in the Fall, and it'll have 12 new characters(6 from each side) including Guy, Cody, Sakura(!), and ELENA! ...Don't really care much about her addition, but I'm sure someone here is excited at the prospect.

Capcom's not wasting time on the nickle and dime shtick, but as long as they're confirmed as DLC for all versions(I think they were), then I'll be maintaining my excitement.

Sucks because outside of that minor faux pas(although given the state of the industry I guess it isn't really), the game's systems look really great.