Street Fighter x Tekken

Jhawk

Is that really so unreasonable? Just taking what they've said, intentions aside, it's all logically sound. They don't want the issues they had with SF4 and costumes. They don't want to make more physical copies. They also don't want to take up space on consoles because currently they have the 3 (arguably) biggest players in the fighting game space. All three will have their own extra content as well and this all takes up space. I know that I only have a 4GB 360 so my space is already quite limited with AE 2012 and Heroes and Heralds, not to mention the many other games I enjoying having saves or more content for. Saving that HDD space isn't so bad.

I'm not defending schemes to make more money but let's be real, Capcom was going to do that anyway with costumes, characters, and potential Super/Ultimate versions. They've always done this. At least this time there's some thought behind the process. From their standpoint, extra revenue aside, this all makes good sense.

If money was more of an issue for me or if I thought getting angry about it could change anything then I might feel differently.

The main issue I do have with this is that we're going to have 6 month old DLC character technology from pirates when the DLC finally unlocks which will make playing online or in tournament hell for a little while.

The issue is that it's already existing content, and it's on the disc. We're not talking about the latest debacle with ME3's day one DLC. I can't imagine them halting production and shipping lines just to make sure these characters managed to make it into the final retail version. It'd be one thing to get the assets in the disc while the characters themselves are incomplete, and then patch all the necessary code when they are, but all signs are pointing to this not being the case.

The other big issue is what you've mentioned: Capcom releasing another "Super" edition. It's true that this way they're avoiding releasing another boxed copy, but they'd might as well since depending on the pricing of these characters you might end up spending just as much.

I'm not trying to make them out to be monsters, but I really can't see how they're helping the consumer here.

]I'm not trying to make them out to be monsters, but I really can't see how they're helping the consumer here.

I would probably say "Why should they want to help the consumer? Their first goal is making money, not being nice to people."

While this is slightly annoying, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

The thing is, consumers are eventually going to have to realize that it costs a lot of money to make games. Gamers want more content, and they get more content. However, games still maintain an average 60-70$ price tag. I find it absurd that people will make Capcom (or any developer) to be evil for giving more content that you can unlock and pay for at your own desire.

The thing that is ridiculous about this particular game, is not that finished characters are on the disc. The issue is that they are being held until "soon after" the Vita launch....in the fall. We should have the ability to purchase them as DLC if we so desire right off the bat.

I am loving this game so far, aside from Xbox 360 issues (there's supposed to be a blog up about it tomorrow morning). Currently planning to run Asuka / Julia; might throw in a SF char to create some familiarity, and if that happens, it will likely be Cammy.

So tempting to run a Cammy/Lili team -- double spin, double drill! Arek has laid claim to Lili though, so I will hold off for now as we played the same first main in Vanilla SF4, and I don't want to repeat that just yet. :P

The thing is, consumers are eventually going to have to realize that it costs a lot of money to make games.

As far as actual content creation, fighting games are pretty cheap to create. A handful of characters and arenas are all there is for assets. Its mostly animations, movesets, programming, balancing, debugging, etc.

Its not even a 2D fighter, so once the 3D models are done, they can pretty much make as many animations/movesets as they want with those, making it theoretically even cheaper.

As far as actual content creation, fighting games are pretty cheap to create. A handful of characters and arenas are all there is for assets. Its mostly animations, movesets, programming, balancing, debugging, etc.

Its not even a 2D fighter, so once the 3D models are done, they can pretty much make as many animations/movesets as they want with those, making it theoretically even cheaper.

Lol__________