OCR01240 - Castlevania III "Stained Glass Filth"

djpretzel

This is...

indeed...

very owny.

The only reason this isn't 10/10 is the guitar is overly loud. I played with my setup a bit and it never sounded totally right. They just seemed a bit *too* loud. Reguardless, thats a minor thing compared to the overall quality of this mix.

9.5/10

Please do not use me in adjective form. The situation regarding my use on the internet is bad enough as it is. I would appreciate your cooperation.

-the verb own

This remix is very high quality stuff, love the guitar, but the tempo/structure of the drums annoys me a bit. thank you, Goat.

Wouldn't "owny" be an adjective?

• 2 weeks later...

To add to my review of the song at VGMix, all I can say is I still listen to it this very day, and I've had it for four months now. Good work, goat. If we ever meet face to face, first thing you get is a big hug.

EDIT: I said it before and I'll say it again.

If Ailsean and goat were both lions, Ailsean would growl, but goat will roar.

Let's face it. This mix will blow you away.

Defenitly your best mix to date, what can I say...more more!!! Simply perfect, I think it sounds exactly like the original songmakers wanted but couldn't.

Do 12 songs like this you got yourself a damn good album, wow...

I'm learning the song right now, on guitars first. I might even do it in cover.

Perfect mixing, compression quality and prestations.

Simply what I always wanted to here ever since I was 10.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Castlevania has soundtracks that I have loved since I was . . . I don't know . . . three years old? I've always wanted to hear some of these songs seriously rocked on guitar like they were meant to, and dammit Goat, you are my hero for doing such a good job on this one that I just want to curl up in fetal position and hold my headphones to my ears . . . 'cause I like it that much.

I like the wah guitar in the background on the verse, the trills and embellishments you stack on, and . . . like . . . that backpedaling thing you do at 1:14 . . . teh solo at 3:40 . . .

The only thing I would be able to complain about (ever so slightly) is that the rhythm guitar at the end when it's fading out could use a little more beefiness to it. It seems a little flat without the solo guitars over it.

But you rock.

Please do more.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Surprisingly, not my favorite rendition of "Beginning" (arguably the most recognizable VG tune after the original SMB). The one thing I love about this track is the different directions goat takes the original music in. It shows his creativity as a guitarist better than the other tracks he has on OCR and has a perfect ending.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is SICK AS FUCK. Some of the best metal I've heard. The drums compliment the guitar work perfectly, and the production is out of this world! You completely captured the spirit of the original, and made it even BETTER. 5 stars!

I love the ending! So professional!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Holy hell, that was an intense intro. These are the guitar tones that I so desperately wanted to hear in the previous mix. They sound crisp and clean, but still dirty at the same time. Very nice. The precision of the playing is just as solid as we normally hear from Chris. It's got his signature metal sound all over it. He does something very interesting in this track that he really hasn't done in his previous mixes and it concerns the dynamics. The song never really changes its intensity level; it starts out hard and stays that way. However, with some minor changes in the rhythm from the drums and power chords, he brings new dynamic levels to the track. It's a very interesting shift that's not really noticeable if you listen casually, but you can feel that it plays differently from his other tracks. Very good work on that front. The metal is sick in this; a great rockin song all around! The fadeout is unforgivable in a track like this though; it could have really used a powerful ending :). Not bad, mate; not bad at all!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01240 - Castlevania III "Stained Glass Filth"