OCR01241 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Kakariko Prom"

djpretzel

Biggest turn off here is that I'd have to deal with the annoying lyrics each time this played. Beyond that, rather simplistic reason default instrument sequencing. All the same instruments noppz used a hundred times, but well. Cool idea, but not too well done. Crystal piano at 2:35 is simply not very good. Random and awkward. Like to have seen more interesting things happen in the mid section.

I don't know about these other yutzes (esp. Protricity, who frankly sounds like he's crying because he aint this creative), but I loved it. It effectively captured the mood of the originally piece, while still being good and 'hammy' with the intro. I also think the sound quality was spot on. Overall, B+ performance. This makes my playlist, so keep 'em coming.

Thanks for the comments for guys. And Prot, I had originally planned to have much more in the mix. I didn't want to purely use Reason instruments, but due to my buddy who was going to do the real guitar tracks backing out I was pretty much stuck with what I had. I had originally planned for the track to sorta rock out a bit at the end with some electric guitar and some real percussion (never got my drums back so that's my fault), but hey...can't always get what I want. I hope whoever likes the mix likes it for what it is.

This was very much like my prom back in april. Not so much the music as the begining reminding me of when the Dj played three country songs in a row and everybody started booing(note: majority of the kids in my high school were black). Plus the extreme usage of the word suck also really gave it that "High School" feeling, because high school students cant go two seconds without using it (believe me I know, I was just there not even 5 months ago)

This was a cool remix though. Loved the strings and guitar together, and the overall feeling was just perfect. It's a very cool jam. It's nice to know OCR thought higher of it than vgmix did. :wink:

I've always liked this theme, and wish it would be remixed a couple more times. Not too many times though..

The vocals in the beginning and end I think are creative and add to the piece. 'You Suck' 'Link Sucks' haha, that made me laugh. JUst like high school.

On the second listen, this is way better and I really feel the overall tone better. It made my playlist.

The 'Not very Humanized' comment I feel was true. But that can work for the better. A cheezy prom song :)

B+ from me also.

PURE. GOLD. Not since the famed Music of My Groin have I heard such goodness. What is it about Zelda that attracts such humorous interpretation from it's fans? This is awesome stuff. I laughed my butt off. I loved the tip to Green Day at the beginning, too. This sounds so much like a high school prom, it's not even funny. The actual remix is awesome too. Overall, this is a +5/+5 Remix of Awesome. w00t!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01241 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Kakariko Prom"