What video game music/OC ReMixes do you or WOULD you use for a ringtone?

Mr Azar

Lets see, I used to use the Main Theme from Super Mario World for the main ring tone, and the Tetris B music for the alert.

Now days I am using "Minnie the Moocher" intro for the mail ring tone, and the Originial Super Mario Brothers "1-Up" sound for the alert.

Sorry for not posting links, but I am short on time right now.

I have something like 15 or so quick clips that I'd like to use for a ringtone (Dignity Ark is one that I think will work exceptionally well). I used Audacity to cut them down to size, compress them/change the format, and all.

...now I can't figure out how to get the damn things onto my phone. I've emailed it to myself and the message 'service' removes the attachment. Recording it by holding the phone up to the speaker results in atrocious quality. I'm not sure what to try next. KF

I use the World Map themes from XOC Plays 3. World 6 for unknown caller, and the rest of the world themes are spread out among my contact list (for example, World 2 if my brother's calling (fitting, as it was the first theme he remixed), etc). My morning alarms are World 4 and 8 (depending on whether or not I have to get up for classes or work).

I still use my phone's default sounds for text messages and other alerts, but I might go through and theme the rest of those as well.

A friend of mine uses "Monstrous Turtles!" as a ringtone. Always fun to hear zircon's work when he gets a new message :lol:

I use this as my Halloween ringtone, when the organ comes in and plays the castle theme.

/thread

Haha my brother uses a shorter version of that as his text tone on his Droid. He's got some reactions from it too.

My current phone doesn't let me use custom ringtones of any kind, only stuff you pay for through their online store. On my old phone though, I had a bunch of ringtones I made from songs I had; from OCR, I was using Blue Skies Over Guardia, Deliverance of the Heart, and Dragon Song.

In my eagerness to promote Audacity, I forgot to mention a couple video game tracks that I like to use as a ringtone.

Xenosaga's UNM Mode is probably my favorite, and it's doubly awesome because it's also a ringtone in the game, can't beat that.

Another low key favorite of mine is Dr. Light Capsule from Mega Max X8.

If you want something with a bit more punch, the bells from

make for a great tone as well.

usb cord or whatever cord that came with your phone that allows it access to your PC..?

Nothing came with my phone for that. It's a Samsung and doesn't have a standard mini-USB port (whatever it's called) so I can't use the same cords I already have (like the one for my phone or PSP) and need to buy another one. I'm just reluctant to go out of my way to buy one in case it still doesn't work. KF

Nothing came with my phone for that. It's a Samsung and doesn't have a standard mini-USB port (whatever it's called) so I can't use the same cords I already have (like the one for my phone or PSP) and need to buy another one. I'm just reluctant to go out of my way to buy one in case it still doesn't work. KF

send it over bluetooth?