World of Goo - "Goo Revolt"

This was done about a year ago for a game called "Indie Brawl" which features remixes and rearrangements of indie-game themes. The source here is "Best of Times" from World of Goo.

There are a LOT of things I'd do differently, but I'm pretty happy with it all said and done. Besides the sub-par production in this track, WoG material isn't eligible for OCR as it wasn't originally written for the game. Just a heads up.

stats.png

(longer version here: http://www.syntesis.org/bank/fsod/JW-08212009-GooRevolt.mp3)

I was not aware the music wasn't writtien for the game... I downloaded the soundtrack of the 2dBoy site, and no mention was made to imply otherwise?

Love this rendition of it, especially when the full vocals come in. Production could, as you mentioned, be more polished, but I think the overall song is very well done.

The abrupt ending saddens me...

I was not aware the music wasn't writtien for the game... I downloaded the soundtrack of the 2dBoy site, and no mention was made to imply otherwise?

Love this rendition of it, especially when the full vocals come in. Production could, as you mentioned, be more polished, but I think the overall song is very well done.

The abrupt ending saddens me...

The longer version is here: http://www.syntesis.org/bank/fsod/JW-08212009-GooRevolt.mp3

The evidence to this music not being for the game is here: http://kylegabler.com/WorldOfGooSoundtrack/ - my source specifically is "Best of Times."

Thanks (:

SIIIIIIIIICK! Dude, I NEED you for my project. Can you please look at my thread and see if you'd be down to cover anything from Flying Dragon (N64)? Specifically, look at Gengai and Ryumaos' themes. I think they might suit your style best.

You can find it RIGHT HERE

Onto the mix itself... It was relatively perfect as far as production (something I'll rarely say). The guitar can be considered the weakest link because you can tell its a midi track. I'm sure someone could help you with those leads (I'm not sure if I'm quite good enough). The pianos and violins really stood out for quality and a good human feel. The vocals were mixed right where they needed to be and the effects were a nice touch and pleasing to hear. If this is entirely your production, your grasp of both composition and audio technique is well above average. We need more tracks from you.