OCRA-0002 - Donkey Kong Country: Kong in Concert

Digital Coma

Finished My Dkc Project Track< That Life In The Minds One That I"ve Been Working On>

Yah I Know I"ve Been Taking My Time But Its Almost Complete! I"ll Probably Have It Done Before The Deadline Ok

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It should've been called "Kong in Koncert." :D

Yeah, I forget who said it, but you all should organize a "Kong in Koncert 2." The music in that game is AMAZING. It would be an epic album.

There isn't just one person who said it... and there are already a ton of projects going on as it is now

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Totally coming out of left field and randomly commenting on KiC!

It was fantastic! As soon as I could get it onto two CDs, I popped this baby in my car stereo and rode around town with a big, stupid smile on my face. "Beneath the Surface" is still probably my favorite arrangement of Aquatic Ambience...

I still listen to the album all the time.

This, for me, was the first truely "epic" remix project. I still measure all site projects by how they stack up to KiC.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question aimed specifically at the creators of Kong in Concert and more generally at people in this thread:

Would anyone object (or better yet, think it was a good idea) to uploading the MP3 version, taken from the .wav files at 320kbps, onto a torrent tracker? I have no problem doing it and was actually thinking about it, but figured I'd ask.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Another great album. The entire DKC trilogy deserves to have OCRemix albums, Nintendo should make a DKC4 that doesn't involve bongos, and there should be another 3D Donkey Kong game that's better than DK64. My favorite five tracks are:

I. Treetop Town/Rope Bridge Rumble

II. Snow Barrel Blast/Ice Age Alley

III. Trick Track Trek/Platform Perils

IV. Slipslide Ride

V. Oil Drum Alley/Blackout Basement

Oh, Kong in Koncert...Aerofunknamics was the very first OCRemix tune I ever heard, and it lured me here. The huge nostalgia value aside (I played out DKC 1 & 2 for an eterne), this is solid music. Cheken Winter is a particular favourite - there's really no one track to complain about. It's a great album to have playing while you're doin' homework or something. I burned it to CD and it's currently rockin' my apartment as we speak.

It's a remarkable project in a number of ways - it's a phenomenal album in that it's readily approachable music with the added benefit of huge nostalgic value for those (almost all those) who owned a Super Nintendo and played these games.

I'm totally stoked for DKC2's Serious Monkey Business - if it's the same quality as Kong in Koncert, pants will be jizzed in.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh goodness. I started listening to this again the other day. This album is a hallmark of quality, from start to finish. There are so many stand out tracks on this album, that it's essentially futile to point out each one. The whole album is great! I love it. I'm totally stoked about the upcoming DKC2 album.

• 1 month later...

This album was my first official download off of OCR. I remember how awesome it was, strutting around my school the next day blasting Aerofunknamics, Chekan Winter, West Coast DK Island... hell, each track is terrific.

Also, I cannot wait for the DKC2 album (if there is to be one). I personally favour its soundtrack over DKC's, buuut that might be just me. Either way, looking forward to it fo sho.

• 3 months later...

What happened to the director of this album? is digital coma truly banned!!! V_V for what reason I'd like to know, I'm really shocked after all if it wasn't for this wonderful album I wouldn't have been here today especially at its time when I was searching for dk remixes.

anyway if anyone knows what happened to him please let me know I wanted to contact him.

• 1 month later...