OCRA-0002 - Donkey Kong Country: Kong in Concert

Digital Coma

Completely mind blowing you guys. This is from really professional work, but what else to expect? My favorite track so far is Chekan Winter, but something tells me this CD is going into my favorites.

The DKC soundtrack was always one of my favorite soundtracks and it's a real treat to hear it presented like this. Thanks, guys. You're awesome. :nicework:

DKC, man did I hate the water level theme...Vigilante on the other hand, changed my mind in that aspect. He took a song I hated, and turned into something really cool.

I heard bLiNd's funky remix back in july during it's two day stay on vgmix, I really liked that one too..

i'll post feedback on the others after I check them out, I cant wait, it just looks so cool.

seed this torrent or die in a fire.

Torrent is pretty big, but I'll see if I can hold this up for a while.

yes. please everyone who can seed it do so. take a look at the bittorrent statistics on the front page and prepare to be shocked! a lot of us are already committed to seeding it.

congrats everyone on a great project. i wish i could have done more than just provide a mirror...

-rob

Damn, it'll pass the Relics of the Chozo torrent in no time....in terms of how much data has been transferred.

Augh. I listened to this project thouroughly today, and I'm sad to say I don't care for it much. I won't name names, but several of these "remixes" bear almost no resemblance to the original tracks. I don't get why people start remixing a particular game, as a homage, and then put their own made-up trance anthem/bad choir patch as the focus of their entry, maybe taking ten-seconds to cover the original melody. Sorry, it just bothers me. Although I am the idiot who signed up for Simian Segue way back when and forgot to do it, so maybe I should back off.

To Aethirus, Analoq, Unknown, and Vigilante - my prevailant distaste for this album does not extend to your entries. Nice!

Augh. I listened to this project thouroughly today, and I'm sad to say I don't care for it much. I won't name names, but several of these "remixes" bear almost no resemblance to the original tracks. I don't get why people start remixing a particular game, as a homage, and then put their own made-up trance anthem/bad choir patch as the focus of their entry, maybe taking ten-seconds to cover the original melody. Sorry, it just bothers me. Although I am the idiot who signed up for Simian Segue way back when and forgot to do it, so maybe I should back off.

To Aethirus, Analoq, Unknown, and Vigilante - my prevailant distaste for this album does not extend to your entries. Nice!

Maybe this site just isn't for you. Go here. Might be more to your liking.

Kye-U wrote:

And hopefully you guys will do a Super Mario, Kirby and/or Zelda projects also!

well, this may not be the original zelda, but maybe it'll tide you over...and hell, if you've got any remixing skills at all, try your hand at remixing something.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41590&highlight=

watah!

I see Kirby... but it's only Adventure :? I want to see maybe a general Kirby project, with only the most popular songs from all of the games :D

Oh well, maybe my dream will come true ^_^

I also want a Zelda: Link to the Past project...but then I'll be greedy :wink:

I'll just wait and see :)

Great work again :wink:

Always be a pleasure see a project with such quality.

After the hard efforts, recognition is the minimal thing you all deserve. The community should be here to thanks. My part is below:

Great work.

Maybe this site just isn't for you. Go here. Might be more to your liking.

This is funny. I really want to know if someone pays 29.99 bucks for a remix game compilation?

Considering OCRemix is online.

Don't forget your pre-order!!!

Just want to say that I'm generally satisfied with the output of the collection. Unknown did a remix of my favorite track (Cranky's theme) so very well.

My only nit to pick would be the piano work in the first half of the Gangplank Galleon theme. The part at slightly past one second really bugged me - sounded like there were supposed to be notes and the piano player just durn forgot to play them. After that, it's pure genius.

Great work fellows.

Augh. I listened to this project thouroughly today, and I'm sad to say I don't care for it much. I won't name names, but several of these "remixes" bear almost no resemblance to the original tracks. I don't get why people start remixing a particular game, as a homage, and then put their own made-up trance anthem/bad choir patch as the focus of their entry, maybe taking ten-seconds to cover the original melody. Sorry, it just bothers me.

I've come out of hibernation/lurking to say that you are not alone.

Maybe I'm just missing something here since I didn't follow the creation of this album on the forums. The songs are great in production quality and could easily stand alone, but some of them bear so little resemblance to the game's tracks that I struggle to find the original melody. I just don't see how some of them made it into an album dedicated to the game.

But as one above poster said, beggars can't be choosers.

I'm just disappointed that the classic melodies I'd loved from DKC years ago are so subdued and hard to follow in the tracks on this album. :?

Augh. I listened to this project thouroughly today, and I'm sad to say I don't care for it much. I won't name names, but several of these "remixes" bear almost no resemblance to the original tracks. I don't get why people start remixing a particular game, as a homage, and then put their own made-up trance anthem/bad choir patch as the focus of their entry, maybe taking ten-seconds to cover the original melody. Sorry, it just bothers me.

I've come out of hibernation/lurking to say that you are not alone.

Maybe I'm just missing something here since I didn't follow the creation of this album on the forums. The songs are great in production quality and could easily stand alone, but some of them bear so little resemblance to the game's tracks that I struggle to find the original melody. I just don't see how some of them made it into an album dedicated to the game.

But as one above poster said, beggars can't be choosers.

I'm just disappointed that the classic melodies I'd loved from DKC years ago are so subdued and hard to follow in the tracks on this album. :?

I had a similar problem with some of the tracks on there. Especially the Factory theme by Gray. While a marvelous song on its own, I was dissapointed in the 'remix' part of it. That's why I always keep my mixes close to the original.

Either way, listen to it for the quality of the music, don't listen to it mainly for nostalgia. I mean, I have my problems with some of the more liberal mixes, but still, they're great pieces of music and I listen to everything because it all sounds good.

The ammount of work we all put into this collaboration, and the determination it took to keep certain people onboard, and to keep our collective patience from wearing thin, is clearly evident in the production level of this project.

I know I'm one to normally bash remixes, but as some people here know, I'm only honest. And most of the time, it's a negative reaction. But this time, I can honestly say that every song on here (except for a certain song that was voted on by some fags) is a masterpiece! God damn, I'm so bored....

Just enjoy the fuckin thing, good music is good music, period.

Thanks to the slashdot and me stupidly leaving links to the server hosted MP3s, my site binnie.org ran about 160 gigabytes over its allotted bandwidth.

I'm having problems with my account at superbhosting.net, so for now and probably for long dkcproject.ocremix.org will redirect to http://members.cox.net/dkcproject.

Use that address for now while we get the domain redirected to the Cox site.

The truth is a great majority of listeners enjoy conservative things, and mixer's on the other end of the spectrum really like to push the envelope and get more liberal with their mixes. Most listeners, especially those who aren't too familiar with OCR probably like covers more. There's definitely a balance, but OCR as a community more than any other promotes the idea of less conservative mixes and that's why I personally choose to mix. I don't find it at all interesting to do very conservative mixes/covers.

My Machina mix is definitely a liberal take on the mix at least on first impression. However if you listen closely 80% of the chord progressions and melody is there in some form. A lot has been taken out, mangled or introduced as well as it is rearranged quite a lot structurally, in form and in rhythm.

I thought the project as a whole was thoroughly successful in scope, diversity and quality. Take it or leave it.