OCR02074 - Final Fantasy Adventure "Chivalry Begins"

djpretzel

• 9 months later...

Found this remix due to a related video suggestion on YouTube while listening to a DKC2 remix a few days ago, I think. I've never even played Final Fantasy Adventure before, but I decided to give this song a listen.

And damn is it good. Hope you decide to do more vocal stuff in this vein in the future, because this is definitely one of the best remixes I've heard on this site over the years. Awesome melody, great guitar work... yeah. Not much else to say as I'm not very educated when it comes to audio, but it sounds good, haha.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

I forgot how great Final Fantasy Adventure was until this song shuffled up on my playlist a few times in the past week or so. This is a wonderful song that represents a powerful game. Great work, BGC. I had to watch the FFA ending again on Youtube only to fight back some tears.

I've never even played Final Fantasy Adventure before,

Definitely give it a playthrough sometime.

• 3 months later...

Wow. Just...wow. This song literally just came up on my shuffle, and I was on the verge of tears. There's two ways I can hear the lyrics as well. There's the religious way, which I can tell was unintentional, and the romantic way, which BGC basically said IS what it was written about.

Religiously, it sounds like the sort of Christian music I was brought up with, especially with the "All I have to give you back are just my two hands/To help you find your way to heaven", which instantly made me think of Jesus. (I'm sorta religious, sorta not.)

But then the religious feelings were overblown when I realized it described my on again off again crush on a friend of mine, better than I can express in words. So I sent it to her, because I can't bring myself to say I care about her in words again. That was.......well, two minutes ago. I don't think she would have listened to it just yet, but still, she'll probably think I'm trolling her (I've confessed feelings for her in Mandalorian from Star Wars before, so I'm not sure how she's gonna react to an epic song like this)

BGC, thank you. For all of the different meanings this song can have, and for making me realize that this kind of music is truly amazing.

• 3 months later...

Man, this was just a real treat to listen to. I've never even heard the source material before, but I just really enjoyed it. In a way, that probably speaks even more highly; most remixes here, while awesome, are also aided by nostalgia. This one, though, really came across as a solid song.

Excellent work!

• 2 months later...

Okay, look, I really enjoyed those lyrics. Knowing what this song was for, and what it could be for in different contexts left to imagination, you got some powerful stuff here, cheesy or not. And the music arrangement halfway through the ReMix was pretty sweet. I agree with the person who said that this comes off a little like Christian rock. Nothing against that, I mean I like it, but it seems lighter and more positive, which is perfect for what you were going for. Damn well done.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Alas, my only opportunity to play FFA was thanks to a hacked multi-ROM cartridge from Singapore. One of the downsides being, things were glitchy. Notably music. 

Thanks to the Switch and Collection of Mana, this lack has been corrected. And thanks to this downright lovely song - and yes, despite my previous reservations on lyrics, I greatly enjoyed the lyrics - I felt an immediate connection to the game. 

A beautiful song, with heartfelt lyrics. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02074 - Final Fantasy Adventure "Chivalry Begins"